News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2015/1/3 - AmericanAirlines Arena - Miami, Florida - Post Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, January 03, 2015, 11:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

- > nice space jam > some insane trey shreddage!! woah!  :rawk:
havent heard something like that in a while, the forum dwd has little hints

and even sinks back into a nice relaxed jam

VDB

Love the furious, Manteca-laced peak this Disease builds to and the patient, psych-funk syncopated denouement on the other side.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: Marmar on January 05, 2015, 10:14:23 AM
I honestly thought the DWD was the worst crap ever.....that jam was SO bad....Trey looked and sounded like a lost cause for most of it.....but, then after that for some reason he came back and smoked the rest of the set.....

Someone give that guy some drugs already.....we need some consistency.

I'm thinking you need to change your dosage.

This DWD is the stuff.

emay

light jam had some unique stuff in it and that transition to sally is so hot!
Page and trey were locked in during that transition.

anthrax

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 04, 2015, 07:19:07 PM
Am I still the only one who loves what they are doing with Melt in 3.0?

I haven't listened back but I loved this jam! I remember Trey really messing up the composed section and they were all pretty unsure of the correct rhythym towards the end of the jam but whatever. I love these 3.0 dissonant, disjointed, dark, psychedelic jams. It's a completely unique jamming style and I dig it!

i am def. a fan of some 3.0 melts.  this one didn't blow my socks off, but i hear you about the disjointed dark jams.  if done right, it kinda makes you want to puke...love it!

Caravan2001

I honestly thought the DWD was the worst crap ever.....that jam was SO bad....Trey looked and sounded like a lost cause for most of it.....but, then after that for some reason he came back and smoked the rest of the set.....

I dunno, I was feeling it.  Have not listened since the stream, but I dig it while it was going down.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 05, 2015, 08:53:31 PM

I dunno, I was feeling it.  Have not listened since the stream, but I dig it while it was going down.

I listened again and can confirm that the DWD is indeed the goods. 

I didn't hear most of SOAM but the ending was lol-worthy. 

IMO Split has only worked a couple of times in 3.0 and the SPAC version wasn't one of them, I remember it being a bucket of noisy slop.

I did like the version from the Gorge in 2013 though, probably because they played it safe and stuck the ending. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mehead

Finally getting around to listening to this.  Went straight to the SOAM.......

:tte:

On to the DWD.....
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Marmar

Sorry but I still think the DWD was weaksauce....it wasn't a train wreck, but it had NO balls whatsoever.....I mean a 2 note hammer on for the peak?......weak.

After they leave the theme of DWD, it does get interesting...but the actual DWD outro jam is weaksauce.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

Yeah fuck that one hammer-on in a 26 minute stretch of awesome.
:roll:

Marmar

again, I argue my point, the song sucked....the "jam" portion of the song sucked......

the actual Jam after, was good.

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Marmar

Also, not to rag, but I do not hear any such tease of Manteca in this AT ALL.....

If anything it almost sounds like Trey is leaning towards Blister In The Sun with the theme of his solo.....revist SPAC 2012 to hear what I hear in the solo on this DWD.

emay

Theres some slop in the beginning and little outta sync but the jam makes up for it imo.  (10:40 mark)
They start firing on all cylinders

VDB

Quote from: Marmar on January 06, 2015, 10:59:40 AM
again, I argue my point, the song sucked....the "jam" portion of the song sucked......

the actual Jam after, was good.

Maybe we aren't using the same vocabulary here... When we say "this DWD ruled" most of us are talking about the entire 26-minute performance, or at least, the whole thing on balance which is being heavily influenced by where the jam goes. Is your beef with just the composed part, or the immediate DWD solo, or the whole thing?

Similarly, are you saying you don't hear Manteca in the peak c. 20 mins+ or in the "DWD solo" much earlier? I, for one, was talking about the later jam peak when pointing out the Manteca infusion.
Is this still Wombat?

susep

I wasn't overly impressed with DwD, it has 2, maybe 3 nice passages but par for the course overall.  Like emay said the Light has some nice improv.