News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Random Soundcloud/Bandcamp Blowout

Started by mistercharlie, March 06, 2015, 06:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 04, 2020, 11:08:22 AM
Fans of Thai-inspired funk music... check out YIN YIN! They are from the Netherlands and they're pretty damned groovy. I had to order one of the red vinyl copies of this album.

https://yinyin.bandcamp.com/

Uh oh the word is out. Love that band.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

jam>

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on January 05, 2020, 09:09:00 AM
Fans of Thai-inspired funk music... check out YIN YIN! They are from the Netherlands and they're pretty damned groovy. I had to order one of the red vinyl copies of this album.

I'm really digging them! The song One Inch Punch has been in my head for weeks.

I've been sort of Globetrotting my way around the musical world lately. I'm finding all kinds of stuff I really dig from other countries that I would not have heard had I not been exploring bandcamp. Here's a small list of some of my favorite artists I've found so far.

• Mdou Moctar - Saharan psych guitar music. I don't understand a word of it but the music is great.
  • Altin Gun - Turkish psych rock. Again, I don't understand a word, but it's so groovy and weird.
  • YIN YIN - Netherlands Thai-inspired funk. Absouloutly AMAZING!
  • The Sorcerers - English Ethio-jazz-funk. They play music inspired by scenes from European horror movies from the 60's and 70's. It's some strange instrumeltal mood music and I love it.
  • Kikagaku Moyo - Japanese guitar driven psych music. Once again, don't understand a word of it, but it shreds!
  • Mulatu Astatke - Ethiopian Afro-Latin Soul music. He's been making this great music since the 50's and it's quite groovy. Really dig it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

jam>

Great list right there. Will dig into it.

jam>

mopper_smurf

https://hmltd.bandcamp.com/album/west-of-eden

These English art-rock guys are all over the place. Got an advance copy of the full album, but the six tracks on Bandcamp give you a good idea.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 05, 2020, 09:53:28 AM

I've been sort of Globetrotting my way around the musical world lately. I'm finding all kinds of stuff I really dig from other countries that I would not have heard had I not been exploring bandcamp. Here's a small list of some of my favorite artists I've found so far.

• Mdou Moctar - Saharan psych guitar music. I don't understand a word of it but the music is great.
  • Altin Gun - Turkish psych rock. Again, I don't understand a word, but it's so groovy and weird.
  • The Sorcerers - English Ethio-jazz-funk. They play music inspired by scenes from European horror movies from the 60's and 70's. It's some strange instrumeltal mood music and I love it.
  • Kikagaku Moyo - Japanese guitar driven psych music. Once again, don't understand a word of it, but it shreds!
  • Mulatu Astatke - Ethiopian Afro-Latin Soul music. He's been making this great music since the 50's and it's quite groovy. Really dig it.

Saw Altin Gün last year. They were awesome live. Why I did not buy their album back then is a mystery to me.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on January 08, 2020, 12:05:28 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on January 05, 2020, 09:53:28 AM

Saw Altin Gün last year. They were awesome live. Why I did not buy their album back then is a mystery to me.

Altin Gün has been signed to ATO Records in America, so I grabbed both the marbled-blue vinyl of their first album "On", and the cream-swirled vinyl version of their new album Gece. Both have seen plenty of play since I got them. I almost want to try learninng Turkish so that  can understand them, but then I remember that I know Spanish pretty well and I still have a hard time translating most songs I hear in Spanish.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Next time I will buy those from their merch table. I took some Turkish lessons when me and my so visited Istanbul many, many years ago.

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

https://custardflux.bandcamp.com/album/echo

Acoustic psych goodness. Ordered the blend of opaque orange and transparent sky blue vinyl. Only 5 remaining of the 100 copies run ...
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on February 04, 2020, 02:29:00 AM
https://custardflux.bandcamp.com/album/echo

Acoustic psych goodness. Ordered the blend of opaque orange and transparent sky blue vinyl. Only 5 remaining of the 100 copies run ...

I grabbed that same album on Sunday! Good stuff.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 04, 2020, 05:23:26 AM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on February 04, 2020, 02:29:00 AM

I grabbed that same album on Sunday! Good stuff.

Ha! I've been in touch with Gregory Curvey for years. Don't sleep on his recordings with The Luck of Eden Hall.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

https://werfrecords.bandcamp.com/album/ottla

Jazz from Belgium. Saw them last Saturday and they were quickly relieved of all their vinyl and CD's.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram