News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Democratic Primary Thread

Started by Undermind, May 01, 2015, 10:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

spring or summer 92 Ross Perot was leading the field as and indie, then people became more familiar with him.

the people in this country are becoming scarier all the time
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

The fact that people voted for W is the only reason I'd give the Rubio theory any credence. That guy is terrible in all of the ways.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 28, 2015, 11:17:56 PM
Quote from: Hicks on October 28, 2015, 10:17:21 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 28, 2015, 09:36:40 PM
Call it: Rubio v Hillary

Seems likely.

Ugh. Hillary would take that one fairly easily, I'd think.

Depends. Rubio could make a somewhat compelling electoral case if he can take FL and PA (Hillary has never been popular in Philly suburbs which are required if you are gonna get swept in the rest of the state). No guarantee he could win those two and that wouldn't even be enough to win, but it would make a pretty big dent in Obama's 2008 & 2012 maps.

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 28, 2015, 11:17:56 PM
Also, re: Trump's electability and the crazies who believe in it. I dunno. I think you could rationalize your way to a reality in which Trump could get elected. And you don't have to be a Trump supporter to do so. I'm not saying it's likely, but it's not necessarily impossible. Maybe some of those polled are operating on that basis; I mean, can you blame them for not finding anyone else in the field any more electable?

Do you mean elected president or just winning the nomination? If it's the latter, I don't totally disagree one could convince themselves there might be a path for him (I don't see it, but I suppose someone could come up with a way it happens). If you mean the former, I would say that person doesn't fully grasp how the process works if they think Trump could possibly be elected president. Which, BTW, is why it seems like a stupid question to me. "Do you, average person who hasn't really been following the race and is unfamiliar with a campaign's on-the-ground operations, believe so-and-so could credibly win the nomination? The general?" That question tells me more about the ignorance of the electorate than a candidates chances (and in the GOP, that's probably fairly sizable).

Quote from: slslbs on October 28, 2015, 11:20:27 PM
spring or summer 92 Ross Perot was leading the field as and indie, then people became more familiar with him.

Perot's decline was more due to his own insanity and paranoia getting the best of him. Bush planted spies in my campaign, Republicans tried to disrupt my daughter's wedding. It's true, all the unfounded allegations helped people realize "maybe this crazy dude doesn't have the temperament to be president," but I think those were more self-inflicted wounds rather than the electorate in general falling out of love with him.

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 29, 2015, 08:04:19 AM
The fact that people voted for W is the only reason I'd give the Rubio theory any credence. That guy is terrible in all of the ways.

I agree he is a neocon to the nth degree. But is he really any worse than Cruz? I mean, Cruz comes with all the warmongering tendencies with a lot more social issue baggage.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

emay

runawayjimbo

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 29, 2015, 01:15:13 PM
http://www.isidewith.com/map/kc-y/2016-presidential-election-hillary-clinton-vs-bernie-sanders#z4

this isidewith.com map/poll shows bernie winning in every state (awaits runawayjimbo debunk comments about poll and site)

I mean, anytime you see somebody winning with 100% of the vote, that should be an automatic red flag, no?

Not sure how it's generated, but I would speculate that it is similar to that CNN online poll showing 81% of people thought Bernie won the first debate: Bernie's supporters are generally younger (thus more technologically savvy) and politically active (more likely to seek out things like isidewith.com). However, when you look at RCP aggregates, there's a pretty clear bump for Hillary both nationally and in state races (even closing the gap in NH) post-debate.

sls.stormyrider

http://time.com/4097792/obama-republican-debate-cnbc/
Quote"It turns out they can't handle a bunch of CNBC moderators"

President Barack Obama has expressed his amusement over the GOP presidential candidates' discontent with last week's CNBC debate.

"They say, 'When I talk to Putin, he's going to straighten out,'" Obama said while speaking at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in New York City on Monday. "And then it turns out they can't handle a bunch of CNBC moderators." His remarks were reported by the Hollywood Reporter.

"I mean, let me tell ya ... if you can't handle those guys, you know then I don't think the Chinese and the Russians are going to be too worried about you."

Since last week's debate in Boulder, Colo., the GOP has criticized CNBC for what candidates and party operatives saw as aggressive and politically biased questioning. The party has since suspended its debate partnership with the network's owner, NBC.

[THR]
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

^^^Put me in mind of this graphic I saw yesterday...
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

runawayjimbo

Joe Rogan funny

This is an actual real painting on the wall of Presidential Candidate Ben Carson's home. It's supposed to be him and Jesus, but it looks more like what would happen if @chrisdelia fucked Prince.

I'm willing to tolerate some wacky shit from people that are campaigning to become the commander in chief of the greatest army the world has ever known, but this is where I draw the line.

You can believe the pyramids were built by the biblical Joseph to store pancake batter, or that Adam and Eve rode a dinosaur through the Garden of Eden, or whatever crazy shit he made up about getting a scholarship to West Point - but any man that could look at this; arguably the shittiest painting of Jesus in the history of shitty Jesus paintings, and say, "Oh, fuck yeah, I'm gonna hang this right above the couch" is off the list of guys I trust with nuclear weapons.

sls.stormyrider

Hicks

Are we sure that isn't supposed to be Barry Gibb?

Also, is he wearing a hotel bathrobe?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

emay