News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Who/What/Where was your first "real life" Paug encounter?

Started by WhatstheUse?, May 13, 2015, 09:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: Undermind on May 14, 2015, 09:25:38 AM
Met Aug, Birdman, Jason Sobel, Susep, and mehead for drinks at Brian Buru's in Portland before CCCC 11/29/09.  Birdman bought I think!  Thanks again man.

We had another 'paug meet up when Phil and Bob played the CCCC as well, the date is hazy. 

Mehead and I caught Steve and his wife on the walk-in to an Allman's/Widespread show one Summer at GW a few years back as well.   

By far the best 'paug meet up was on the Jauntee cruise on the Penobscot River in July2013 before Phish's Bangor show.  Hung with Pie, Birdman pcr3 and others. 

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: susep on May 14, 2015, 10:48:08 AM
Met Aug, Birdman, Jason Sobel, Susep, and mehead for drinks at Brian Buru's in Portland before CCCC 11/29/09.  Birdman bought I think!  Thanks again man.

Mehead and I caught Steve and his wife on the walk-in to an Allman's/Widespread show one Summer at GW a few years back as well.   

I remember I was about to walk into the mens room and I hear someone yell out HEY STEVE.
I figured it was someone from teh paug
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Bobafett

Mine was the Chicago rooftop party at mbw's place.  Nice to stroll down memory lane!  Whatever happened to flow00?
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mehead

That would my first as well.   Not counting the fact I knew susep before I joined the paug.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

hoodie22

Summer 2009 did a bunch of paug meetups, I think Jones Beach was one of my firsts (Aug, WTU, RR, MB and Allen) and then at MPP...dug this off of FB (courtesy of RJ):

RIP whyweigh  :angel:

All I know is that after meeting Scott, I basically saw him EVERYWHERE, including a remote rest area somehwere in California.  :wtu:

Been kind of flying under the paug radar for the past few years for various reasons...but I hope to see some of you guys this summer!

rowjimmy

That pic was Camden '09 which was a great meet-up scene and a pretty fun day.

emay

I didnt meet a lot of you until 2010 I believe.
I met up with Aadiyta in Charlotte 2010 I believe.
I ran into RR and WTU at Blossom 2010 and everything else followed from there.
Shockingly just met RJ summer 2014 at MPP.
First met up with Lope at a Moe show in Baltimore in 2011 I think??
UIC run 2011 was a big meet up too met shawn and Pie Guy, anthrax, all for brunch
Met Heath summer 2011 as well I kept running into him and WTU in lot all over the country.

Wow time flies! Love you all! paug rulez!  :rawk: :beers: :beerbang: :smoke: :clap: :banana: :rockout: :wtu: :sbw:

phil

I met Dirty when I was 10 years old, so I guess that was my first paug meet-up
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

antelope19

Quote from: Augustus on May 13, 2015, 09:47:03 PM
I guess it was both Antelope and Cleech at an Orioles game in Baltimore over EIGHT(!) years ago!

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=6071.0

Even then, it was like I knew these dudes forever.

Met RJ the following night at a Mets/Nats game in DC (at RFK) and that seems like moons ago.

That was a great visit! My first Paug experience as well. My GF at the time was convinced Aug was going to murder me in my sleep.

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 13, 2015, 11:14:07 PM
Wait a minute... lope used to call himself Katy?
No
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 14, 2015, 08:24:31 AM
More info in in the meetup thread but, that was it for metopes for me until what Trey, Richmond '08? Wasn't Lope there?

Yep. That was a great evening!

Quote from: PGLHAH on May 14, 2015, 08:31:29 AM
And Hampton was great and all... But it was truly the Boston meetup the night before Fenway that solidified the Paug crew as more than just internet friends... We were a bonafied wrecking crew after that night. Bonds were formed. Kids were humbled by old guys. The Paug became a force to be reckoned with.

This. So much this. I was surprised Boston was still standing after that weekend. We ripped that town a new one.

Quote from: hoodie22 on May 14, 2015, 11:40:18 AM
Summer 2009 did a bunch of paug meetups, I think Jones Beach was one of my firsts (Aug, WTU, RR, MB and Allen) and then at MPP...dug this off of FB (courtesy of RJ):

RIP whyweigh  :angel:

All I know is that after meeting Scott, I basically saw him EVERYWHERE, including a remote rest area somehwere in California.  :wtu:

Been kind of flying under the paug radar for the past few years for various reasons...but I hope to see some of you guys this summer!
That was def Camden. A great day as well.

I would also like to submit Gorge '09. First time I had really met any of the left coasters. Epic weekend was epic.

See also: Charlottesville '09

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Quote from: phil on May 14, 2015, 12:15:39 PM
I met Dirty when I was 10 years old, so I guess that was my first paug meet-up

If we were counting that stuff I'd have to add meeting Mr. Natural in high School back in '90, SLiM while waiting for GD tickets approx. 22 years ago in '93, & Igbo/Barnesy at school in Fall '94.

But that would be cheating.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Pretty sure my first was when McGrupp came to Norfolk to see Lotus and hit me up before hand, didn't really hang but talked a bit at the show at setbreak. That was back in 07, iirc.

Then Trey in Richmond with a lot of the VA crew, which was a fun night, hit up Capital Ale House beforehand and then the show.

For Hampton, I was on one of my paug hiatus periods, and so I remember seeing Lope take off for a while, and turns out he was meeting up with Paugers, but didn't really run into anyone those three days that I can remember.

But, totally agree, the night before Fenway was where it really felt like a lot of bonds formed, for me at least...then that whole summer, from Asheville to Brahgetsdown to the Gorge, felt like I was meeting paugers.

WTU, that incident you're talking about happened in Asheville, we were in the concourse area in line for beers, and talking about the Paug when Ramsey turned around and we were like whoa, cool! But then quickly went our separate ways. I believe that's the night you also got the cougar hunter thing going for you.

Good times.... Paug4Lyfe!  :rawk:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

sophist

Hampton '09 - Aug, RJ, Igbo, PG, Mandi, RR, Slim, MB, Dirty, Mattstick, BM, Blatboom, and Antelope
Asheville '09 - WTU, GAH, FPFR
MPP '09 - phil
Charlotte '10 - Jphishman, postjack, whyweigh,
Alpharetta '10 - Hoodie 22, gimmetela, phuzzyfish12, miamiphish
MPP '10 - Uncle eb, cleech74,
WIDE  SPREAD MOTHER FUCKIN' PANIC Charlottesville '10 - QOP, Barnsey, Thatfargone
Charleston '10 - nada
November '10 - Slept at KellerB's house
Furthur '10 Chicago - MBW
NYE '10 run - Augs brother, JJ, sunrise,
Alpharetta '11 - nada
Charlotte '11 - nada
Raleight '11 - nada
Portsmouth '11 - nada
August 2012 - it's not an experience came to my house and we jammed for a bit
2013 and 2014 I don't recall meeting anyone. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

khalpin

April '09, I had a single ticket to a Rangers playoff game.  I pinged August to see if he was going to be around to meet for a drink before the game (thinking that he worked in the city, but I was wrong).  He had the day off and offered to come into the city for a meetup.  He convinced me to take the day off.  The dude was awesome and we hung out for the afternoon pounding tasty beers.

Next one was Camden a few months later which was awesome.