News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

This is a tour for the ages!

Started by Hicks, August 10, 2015, 12:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: shoreline99 on July 07, 2016, 03:41:27 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 07, 2016, 02:28:33 PM
I think their playing has been good, but because the songs are slowed down.
listening to the Sparkle from SPAC3 and its like fishman wants to play faster but trey is like half a beat behind.

I blame Bobby.

haha, spot on hypothesis

shoreline99

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 07, 2016, 04:18:25 PM
listening to the Sparkle from SPAC3 and its like fishman wants to play faster but trey is like half a beat behind.

I blame Bobby.

haha, spot on hypothesis

Seriously, man. We listened to one of the Dead & Co Colorado shows on XM this weekend and my wife, who is most assuredly not a dead head, commented that it sounded like a tape player that was slowed down.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

emay

Quote from: shoreline99 on July 07, 2016, 04:21:32 PM

I blame Bobby.

haha, spot on hypothesis

Seriously, man. We listened to one of the Dead & Co Colorado shows on XM this weekend and my wife, who is most assuredly not a dead head, commented that it sounded like a tape player that was slowed down.

Yeah I hear ya man, Ive noticed it with Ratdog. Dead n Co was slower too but didnt notice it as much because during the jams Mayer and Oteil would take over and try to get it going and just leave Bobby behind. Hes def still the weakest link.

mistercharlie

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 07, 2016, 05:07:33 PM

I blame Bobby.

haha, spot on hypothesis

Yeah I hear ya man, Ive noticed it with Ratdog. Dead n Co was slower too but didnt notice it as much because during the jams Mayer and Oteil would take over and try to get it going and just leave Bobby behind. Hes def still the weakest link.

It's because he stopped wearing jorts.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: cactusfan on July 07, 2016, 01:49:49 PM
Quote from: zimbra on July 07, 2016, 08:08:16 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 07, 2016, 05:58:43 AM
Quote from: Hicks on July 07, 2016, 01:42:51 AM
This now seems like a lifetime ago. 

Le sigh.

What happened to all that momentum? Fall of '14 and then Summer of '15 were so hot, and then the train started chugging along again.

I have no idea but it's really disappointing.  I leave for the West Coast leg next week so I hope something miraculous happens before then.

i'm hoping the 'something miraculous' happens throughout the west coast run, since i'm seeing SF through SD. surely by then they'll bust out the good stuff?

surely?

Did you have the fish?

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 07, 2016, 05:26:26 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 07, 2016, 05:07:33 PM

I blame Bobby.

haha, spot on hypothesis

It's because he stopped wearing jorts.

Very true.  the Bobby Jort-Jorts enabled him to play those songs at the correct speed.  It's sort of a Taint-dexterity thing.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

whatapiper

Frustrating to hear, I watched Friday nights SPAC show, the first lick of phish I'd heard all summer, and was definitely pumped on the opening trio of the second set. The lady and I bought the Sunday night show and both of us could barely watch/listen the entire night, especially during sugar shack.  I have seen six shows over the last three years and finally get a "break out" summer this year with the gorge/Bill Graham run and we are locked into Mexico.  I've been walking around for months freaking out in my head over how dialled in they would be at that point in tour and how magical those shows could be. Crossing fingers that the three night stretch in New England is a turning point along with a few days off travelling west. Anyway...
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

cactusfan

Quote from: kellerb on July 07, 2016, 07:17:09 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on July 07, 2016, 01:49:49 PM
Quote from: zimbra on July 07, 2016, 08:08:16 AM

Le sigh.

What happened to all that momentum? Fall of '14 and then Summer of '15 were so hot, and then the train started chugging along again.

I have no idea but it's really disappointing.  I leave for the West Coast leg next week so I hope something miraculous happens before then.

i'm hoping the 'something miraculous' happens throughout the west coast run, since i'm seeing SF through SD. surely by then they'll bust out the good stuff?

surely?

Did you have the fish?

uh oh.

Caravan2001

Le sigh.

Fall of '14 was one of the worst tours ever.  Everything before Vegas was dogshit.  But then it got good.  And Summer '15 took a good 5 or 6 shows to get decent.  There were a lot of clunkers in the first bunch.  Don't think they really heated up at least until Atlanta.  But still for the most part Summer '15 was good and Magnaball was awesome.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 07, 2016, 09:06:47 PM

Le sigh.

Fall of '14 was one of the worst tours ever.  Everything before Vegas was dogshit.  But then it got good.  And Summer '15 took a good 5 or 6 shows to get decent.  There were a lot of clunkers in the first bunch.  Don't think they really heated up at least until Atlanta.  But still for the most part Summer '15 was good and Magnaball was awesome.

Fall of 14 wasn't very good, but the Eugene show we saw would be the best show of this tour, remember Carini > Plasma?  Dope C&P too.   

As for 2015, Bend at least had the Simple and Shoreline is straight off the hook and only the third show. 

Anyway we are 10 shows in and there's been two killer jams:  the SPAC Chalkdust and Moma and the awesome Space Oddity.  Out of 10 shows that's really not much top shelf material. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on July 07, 2016, 09:38:44 PM

Le sigh.

Fall of 14 wasn't very good, but the Eugene show we saw would be the best show of this tour, remember Carini > Plasma?  Dope C&P too.   

As for 2015, Bend at least had the Simple and Shoreline is straight off the hook and only the third show. 

Anyway we are 10 shows in and there's been two killer jams:  the SPAC Chalkdust and Moma and the awesome Space Oddity.  Out of 10 shows that's really not much top shelf material.

Yes agreed.  Fall '14 started OK in Eugene and steadily digressed until Vegas.  I don;t remember the Bend Simple but Shoreline was 2nd set was dope.  Forum was meh. Loved that Carini>plasma.  As far as this tour is concerned, I would also throw in the Wrigley Twist as something not shitty to hear again. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 07, 2016, 09:48:58 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 07, 2016, 09:38:44 PM

Le sigh.

Yes agreed.  Fall '14 started OK in Eugene and steadily digressed until Vegas.  I don;t remember the Bend Simple but Shoreline was 2nd set was dope.  Forum was meh. Loved that Carini>plasma.  As far as this tour is concerned, I would also throw in the Wrigley Twist as something not shitty to hear again.

The Carini from SPAC 1 is no slouch either.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Marmar

After the past few shows, I've come to the conclusion that there is some kind of weird tension within the band....

Something is wrong in the phishtank.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

birdman

I disagree that something is wrong within the band. Seemed like they were having lots of fun last night.
Mike however looked extremely frustrated and pissed when the sound went down. He was not a happy camper
Paug FTMFW!