News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Dead & Company Fall Tour/Halloween/NYE Run

Started by emay, August 24, 2015, 04:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: Hicks on May 12, 2016, 12:14:58 AM
Quote from: PGLHAH on May 11, 2016, 11:09:31 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 11, 2016, 09:52:30 PM
Interesting vocal choices here...

https://youtu.be/MoatcSVg_sE?t=2m11s

Worse than Donna??

Now I kinda hope he comes in with the Donna catterwaul as they finish up a big "Playin'" jam this summer!

https://youtu.be/3vfRwxB249E?t=16m42s

It blows my mind that she did that for years without anyone saying "Hey Donna, you know that 'woah-ah-woah-ah yeah' thing you do in Playing?     Don't."

In the oral bio This Is All A Dream We Dreamed Jon McIntire said no one in the Dead camp was mean to Donna because of her previous experiences as musician in Muscle Shoals AL etc.  The one song where I think she sounds good singing is the Scarlet - Fire segue from 18March1977.   

Caravan2001

Quote from: susep on May 12, 2016, 08:07:28 AM
Quote from: Hicks on May 12, 2016, 12:14:58 AM
Quote from: PGLHAH on May 11, 2016, 11:09:31 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 11, 2016, 09:52:30 PM
Interesting vocal choices here...

https://youtu.be/MoatcSVg_sE?t=2m11s

Worse than Donna??

Now I kinda hope he comes in with the Donna catterwaul as they finish up a big "Playin'" jam this summer!

https://youtu.be/3vfRwxB249E?t=16m42s

It blows my mind that she did that for years without anyone saying "Hey Donna, you know that 'woah-ah-woah-ah yeah' thing you do in Playing?     Don't."

In the oral bio This Is All A Dream We Dreamed Jon McIntire said no one in the Dead camp was mean to Donna because of her previous experiences as musician in Muscle Shoals AL etc.  The one song where I think she sounds good singing is the Scarlet - Fire segue from 18March1977.   

She sounds awesome on all the May '77 Scarlet Fires imo....LL Rains too...

VDB

Tour opener in Charlotte on Friday was fun times. [Jambase writeup] I don't much care for how slooooooow this band is most of the time, and it's amusing watching Mayer ham it up and try to take things from zero to 100 in about half a measure, but all in all, good stuff. Nearly 25-minute Eyes to open the second, even. Bigger crowd than I expected -- sold out or nearly so. And a good crowd, too.
Is this still Wombat?

Lifeboy

I guess Mayer's previous contract had something to do with the band not releasing any SBDs, but I guess they finally cleared that up and signed a deal with nugs.net. But $16?!

Also, whats a DSD file? It's $45
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mattstick

alcoholandcoffeebeans

so... HI :)

Crazy life I have lately and will update soon now that I know work doesn't ban this site.  :crazy:

Anyhow. Work things came up with the man friend and two other friends I have tickets for to this show Friday night at Deer Creek.
I'm cool with going by myself but I want these tickets to go to people I know could use them and wouldn't otherwise get to go :)

anyone want them?
I don't want the money; I just want them used. (I also have a camp ground right there I'll more than likely not be using.)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

gah

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 14, 2016, 10:07:49 AM

Crazy life I have lately and will update soon now that I know work doesn't ban this site.  :crazy:

Anyhow. Work things came up with the man friend and two other friends I have tickets for to this show Friday night at Deer Creek.
I'm cool with going by myself but I want these tickets to go to people I know could use them and wouldn't otherwise get to go :)

anyone want them?
I don't want the money; I just want them used. (I also have a camp ground right there I'll more than likely not be using.)

hell of an offer there mandi, i'd take you up on it if I lived closer....welcome back kotter!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

kellerb

Quote from: gah on June 15, 2016, 09:55:44 AM

anyone want them?

hell of an offer there mandi, i'd take you up on it if I lived closer....welcome back kotter!

I'm gonna be in Cali but there's a couple Indy guys who should be checking their calendars and/or mentioning John Mayer to their lady-friends...

zimbra

anyone want them?

Miss you around these parts. Hope all is well.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Lifeboy

Quote from: zimbra on June 16, 2016, 12:01:39 AM

anyone want them?

Miss you around these parts. Hope all is well.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

birdman

Don't be a stranger here, mandi. You're sorely missed.
Paug FTMFW!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: birdman on June 16, 2016, 02:00:14 PM
Don't be a stranger here, mandi. You're sorely missed.

:roll: :crazy: :beers:

still no takers on these tickets?  :syf:
ah well... I'm stoked, actually, to be doing this with just me in a weird way.
holed up in a lab testing drugs all day makes me un-crazy about people; bartending is still my sanity.
being in the process of buying a house doesn't make me any less frazzled, either. (No, I'm not married... no, I'm not pregnant. I'm still checking my temperature from time to time to make sure I'm feeling OK agreeing to this process.)

I miss you all... every fucking one of you.
I guess I'll luck out to see some of you at deer creek for the phish? here's to hoping.  :phish:
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

WhatstheUse?

Miss ya Mandi, good o hear from you! I'll see you at DC for sure!
Bring in the dude!