News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Riviera Maya Jan 15-17, 2016

Started by Undermind, September 02, 2015, 02:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igbo

I'm agreeing with Ramsey on this. 3 nights of Phish, beachside resort for the 3 nights, airport transfers to and from, and all inclusive including booze....I don't think the price is that bad actually.

Buffalo Budd

Alright, either way, if I thought I could make this happen, I would.
I'm sure it will sell out and probably fast.
Sorry to derail the thread.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

cactusfan

man, i sure hope my plan to stumble on a giant box of money finally comes through in the next two weeks.

mistercharlie

Damned responsibilities!  :frustrated:

Damned lack of disposable cash!  :frustrated:

Damned band for being so good right now that I want to  say 'fuck it' to the two above mentioned things and make it down there.  :samurai:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

zimbra

Quote from: Igbo on September 02, 2015, 04:03:52 PM
I'm agreeing with Ramsey on this. 3 nights of Phish, beachside resort for the 3 nights, airport transfers to and from, and all inclusive including booze....I don't think the price is that bad actually.

No, it's not. I mean dropping $1.5k always sucks but when you think about it....it's not bad.  I paid $1.4k for roundtrip tix from Houston to Croatia this summer.  That was just my flight and the only nightly show was sex with my girlfriend, not watching Phish.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

anthrax

JPhishman

These prices are about the same as I pay for a balcony room on jamcruise. When I found out this was happening I looked into canceling JC but found out it was too late to get a full refund. Even if I could I don't think I actually would though. Phish will play roughly 10 hours of music over the 3 nights. I see more music than that in a single day of JC and it's 5 days. By comparison JC is actually a great value, although booze isn't included.

I'm sure this will be a massive success and probably happen many more times so I'm trying not to freak out that I can't go on this one.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

mistercharlie

my only question...

Will Mexican Cousin be the opener of the first night or the last encore the last night?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

jedifunk

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 02, 2015, 05:16:32 PM
my only question...

Will Mexican Cousin be the opener of the first night or the last encore the last night?
both
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

WhatstheUse?

This is way cheaper than I expected. If you get 4 people in a room it's $1600 roughly?

That's way less than the numbers I was looking at for the country singer thing there. I generally spend over a $1k in NYC for a nye run. Fuck it, may have to consider doing this > NYE this year.  How are the drugs in Mexico?
Bring in the dude!

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 02, 2015, 05:20:47 PM
This is way cheaper than I expected. If you get 4 people in a room it's $1600 roughly?

That's way less than the numbers I was looking at for the country singer thing there. I generally spend over a $1k in NYC for a nye run

yeah it is comparable to NYE run

and id much rather shove out a extra 300-400 bucks to do it in mexico.

We are also looking at the cheapest option. If you get shut out youre forced to get one of those more expensive rooms.

WhatstheUse?

^ very true... Wonder how fast these are gonna sell out...
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 02, 2015, 05:20:47 PM

That's way less than the numbers I was looking at for the country singer thing there. I generally spend over a $1k in NYC for a nye run. Fuck it, may have to consider doing this > NYE this year.  How are the drugs in Mexico?
For an 'All Inclusive Phish Fest' you'd think they'd provide you with drugs also.  :mrgreen:

rowjimmy

anthrax

I don't know why, but I'm not super excited about this.  I'd never choose Mexico over nye in nyc.  That's as phishy as it gets.  Telluride was a must see run.  Festivals and halloweens are also top notch.  Even gorge and Tahoe runs are hard to miss.  This is an easy pass for me.