News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/04 - Dick’s Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, September 05, 2015, 01:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

GBL

I thought antelope was pretty cool, but the ending was meh..

I thought the opening trio of the second set was great, the highlight being the blaze on > golden age..

Golden age, the song itself, caught me in my tracks a few times which sucked, but the jam was fantastic..

Also, first half of WoTC sucks.. wading into walls was a huge buzzkill for me.. the second half of walls is cool, but that first half is my least favorite thing recently..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

Solid show.
Ghost & Gin put out; don't focus on the durations. 46 > Lope was cool. I'll have to delisted to hear what GBL didn't like.

I dug Wolfman's > Blaze both had nice jams. Especially Blaze On. Golden Age was a botch, lyrically. Fine jam, tho. After that it's a standard Fuego followed by potential controversy. I enjoyed Wading & Walls.

Encore is fun with a strong finish on Loving Cup.

emay

This wolfmans > blaze on > golden age was prob the best jamming of the weekend.
CDT was great as well.
THis golden age jam is a lot better than "fine" Imo

rowjimmy

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on September 08, 2015, 11:40:02 AM
THis golden age jam is alot better than "fine" Imo

I occasionally use the art of understatement to make a point.

emay

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Def some good parts in there, pretty meaty as well. Page does some great work at the end and even the transition into Roses is pretty good. Interesting placement, but I dig.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Fuego > Wading > Walls all feature Page piano intros. Has any such thing ever happened?
Is this still Wombat?

susep

The jam between 6:30-11:30 in GA is great.  Trey plays Cumberland Blues near 11:33.     

sunrisevt

Quote from: susep on September 11, 2015, 08:56:47 PM
The jam between 6:30-11:30 in GA is great.  Trey plays Cumberland Blues near 11:33.     

Went back and watched it on YouTube--totally remember it now. Fat +k for that, my man.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

jedifunk

ran through the wolfmans > blaze > golden age ... really enjoyed it.  all three were unique. really enjoyed the wolfmans, but i think the golden age was the best of this trinity
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

susep

Quote from: sunrisevt on September 11, 2015, 09:30:18 PM
Quote from: susep on September 11, 2015, 08:56:47 PM

Went back and watched it on YouTube--totally remember it now. Fat +k for that, my man.

right back at you.