News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/06 - Dick’s Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by khalpin, September 07, 2015, 02:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Hicks

Quote from: mbw on September 07, 2015, 07:30:50 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 07, 2015, 07:21:09 PM
I called Bike on Thursday night and I called Landlady on the plane on Friday.  Boom.  :rawk:

Probably truth because he always calls Landlady. . . 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Let's be honest, this Disease jam starts out pretty rough. But that ascending melody in the second half is pretty much pure Phish crack.

They could have omitted Steam (which I don't really care much for anyway) and allotted that time to Carini/Piper and likewise done without Horse/Silent for the benefit of Tweezer and this set would have been a real monster.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

uhhhh just coming back to reality but this weekend did not suck

and

the walrus was page

phil

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on September 08, 2015, 10:37:18 AM
They could have...also likewise done without Horse

Agreed. I think they need to drop it entirely if Trey isn't even going to bother playing the guitar part
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Hicks

But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

^ yes!

also thought this 2001 was above average for 3.0 are we in 4.0 now? is this the same band we saw last year!? I think not

Hicks

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on September 08, 2015, 01:51:20 PM
^ yes!

also thought this 2001 was above average for 3.0 are we in 4.0 now? is this the same band we saw last year!? I think not

Yeah they definitely stretched the intro a little and put some extra funk in that 2001's trunk. 

Beside Steam, which was "fine", and the premature Horse, that second set was all killer no filler IMO.  End of DWD brought it, Carini was killer and Tweezer was fun too. 

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

zackonthetrain

Quote from: justjezmund on September 07, 2015, 06:54:32 PM
Just curious, did anyone in attendance get handed a report card?

I didn't even get one! i know someone who did tho.

I enjoyed this show a lot, quite fun. Regarding the crowd I thought the Dick's crowd was as high energy as ever and didnt notice anything different. The sound was good in the stands if you got in front of a stack, i find a good spot in section 113-114.

The whole run didnt have that Dick's madness feel up until the THANKYOU encore. I think friday night was very good and saturday had its moments. Sunday also had its moments, i liked where the disease went. Overall a great summer for phish and i hope they can continue this momentum.

"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"

emay

I thought first set the first night had some good energy and the second set on Saturday. But yeah overall the rage was a little lower, def more stoned people.
I was tired by sunday encore too but was still ragin that encore hard in the stands stopped about halfway up on the walk out before the encore, luckily didnt walk out during tweeprise.
Sound wasnt bad where I was around 106. I think those back corner sections are pretty rough on the sound. Esp if the wind starts kicking up.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on September 08, 2015, 06:33:27 PM
I thought first set the first night had some good energy and the second set on Saturday. But yeah overall the rage was a little lower, def more stoned people.
I was tired by sunday encore too but was still ragin that encore hard in the stands stopped about halfway up on the walk out before the encore, luckily didnt walk out during tweeprise.
Sound wasnt bad where I was around 106. I think those back corner sections are pretty rough on the sound. Esp if the wind starts kicking up.
Colorado'd

didn't have the long jamz like other shows this summer, but they were all well played.
Ok, I would have liked Tweezer to be longer, but, like everyone else said, the encore just blew everything out of the water
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on September 07, 2015, 10:25:04 PM
Quote from: mbw on September 07, 2015, 07:30:50 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 07, 2015, 07:21:09 PM
I called Bike on Thursday night and I called Landlady on the plane on Friday.  Boom.  :rawk:

Probably truth because he always calls Landlady. . .

I've been saying it for years....

emay