News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Alan Rickman - RIP

Started by Buffalo Budd, January 14, 2016, 09:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Cancer blows.

Die Hard is one of my favorite films. I know that probably makes me seem like a chump of a film goer but I first saw it when it hit videotape and watched it a million times.
Willis makes Die Hard entertaining, Rickman made it great.

Then there's Galaxy Quest. One of the best (definitely top-five) Star Trek films. He's brilliantly hilarious in that.

I'll last mention Harry Potter. They say that Rowling told him but not the film Directors his character's true arc when they were shooting the first film. He carried that knowledge, making acting choices based on knowledge to which the directors were not privy, and delivered a series of performances that moved me and have left an indelible mark on my children.

R.I.P. Rickman.

mistercharlie

Don't forget his roll in Robin Hood.

Rip.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

"Because it's dull, you twit, it'll hurt more!"
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 14, 2016, 10:39:38 AM
Don't forget his roll in Robin Hood.

Rip.

Bad movie, great performance. 

Hans Gruber is indisputabley one of the greatest movie villains of all time. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

susep

dude was great.  I also liked his performance in Love Actually. 
Die Hard = best xmas ever!!!

RIP Hans. 

VDB

I thought Prince of Thieves on the whole was fine (hard to be objective; I grew up watching it) but Kevin Costner's non-acting is inexcusable.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

Don't forget metatron in Dogma!

Rip!

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 14, 2016, 10:36:51 AM
Cancer blows.

R.I.P. Rickman.

It truly does.

Simply put, he was great in whatever he did.

I hate fucking cancer
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mehead

Quote from: slslbs on January 14, 2016, 09:24:39 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 14, 2016, 10:36:51 AM
Cancer blows.

R.I.P. Rickman.

It truly does.

Simply put, he was great in whatever he did.

I hate fucking cancer
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio