News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1/17/2016 Barcelo Maya Beach Resort, Riviera Maya, MX - Post-Show Discussion

Started by mistercharlie, January 18, 2016, 05:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mehead

First time spinning this and man, this Disease. Love the Shipwreck quotes. Digging it.

:music:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

cactusfan

you're all high... or maybe your ears are full of sand. this is a mess of a slopfest of a show. i guess Disease and Crosseyed are jams, but they're hampered by sucking. and the Ocean...yikes.

Buffalo Budd

I don't find the Ocean cringeworthy at all.
I don't see how it's worse than any other Zep cover the band has done.
I would have been flipping a lid when they bust into that.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: cactusfan on January 19, 2016, 05:27:55 PM
you're all high... or maybe your ears are full of sand. this is a mess of a slopfest of a show. i guess Disease and Crosseyed are jams, but they're hampered by sucking. and the Ocean...yikes.

What planet are you from? Jesus.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on January 18, 2016, 04:54:22 PM
I wonder if they are going to do anything about the ocean people if they do it again. 

That looks like the way to go.

It was kind of cool.  I didn't feel like going in, but it was sweet that you could swim in the ocean during the show.  And even if you didn;t have a ticket for the show, you could hear it pretty well from the beach.  But not as good as being in the ocean 50' from the stage.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 19, 2016, 09:53:59 PM
I wonder if they are going to do anything about the ocean people if they do it again. 

It was kind of cool.  I didn't feel like going in, but it was sweet that you could swim in the ocean during the show.  And even if you didn;t have a ticket for the show, you could hear it pretty well from the beach.  But not as good as being in the ocean 50' from the stage.

Oh really?  I heard that you had to sneak past a barrier to get to the ocean if you were inside the show, not the case? 

I definitely heard that people without tickets waded up right to the side of the stage.   
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on January 19, 2016, 09:56:44 PM

Oh really?  I heard that you had to sneak past a barrier to get to the ocean if you were inside the show, not the case? 

I definitely heard that people without tickets waded up right to the side of the stage.

No....everyone in the ocean were ticketed people.  There was no ocean barrier in the show.  you could go out into the ocean 100 yards away from the stage and watch the show, but you couldn't get any closer.  They had people on jet skis shutting people down. 

GBL

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 19, 2016, 09:48:44 PM

Exactly what I was thinking
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 19, 2016, 10:02:31 PM
Quote from: Hicks on January 19, 2016, 09:56:44 PM

No....everyone in the ocean were ticketed people.  There was no ocean barrier in the show.  you could go out into the ocean 100 yards away from the stage and watch the show, but you couldn't get any closer.  They had people on jet skis shutting people down.

Ah, got it.  I think maybe they were a little more strict on night one and then loosened up.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

cactusfan

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 19, 2016, 09:48:44 PM

the planet of people who didn't have the pleasure of being in mexico and are listening to an epically sloppy slow at home.