News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey Anastasio Band - Red Rocks Ampitheatre - May 31, 2017

Started by Buffalo Budd, November 15, 2016, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 16, 2016, 03:14:00 AM
Vulfpeck has just been all the rage this year, haven't they?

I got into them for a minute, and then, I guess it passed. Their live shows haven't enticed me.

And it's...barely their fault.  They are talented musicians. Their pocket groove is impeccable. Someone in the band is a bad ass producer/engineer. They are a studio band. That fat-warm-old-school-analog-compressed sound they got going is awesome.

But... then they somehow got picked up by the 'jam community' and were expected to be a 'live' band when they weren't exactly that.

I think the right circumstance will arrive and they'll get to be the band on someone's album and it'll kill. No idea who that would be though.

All that stuff said, I hope everyone who goes to this has a great time.

emay

Quote from: mattstick on November 16, 2016, 06:54:41 AM

Kinda weird to announce a single show 7 months away, no?

They do that with spring red rocks shows to get the tickets moving and just get a buzz going. Some people do travel for these single shows.

Hicks

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on November 16, 2016, 08:42:11 AM

They do that with spring red rocks shows to get the tickets moving and just get a buzz going. Some people do travel for these single shows.

Pretty sure traveling for TAB is not a thing. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on November 16, 2016, 09:21:07 AM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on November 16, 2016, 08:42:11 AM

Pretty sure traveling for TAB is not a thing.

While you and I may not do it, I can assure you that people will do it for TAB & Red Rocks & Colorado combined.

Caravan2001