News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee Winter Tour 2017

Started by WhatstheUse?, December 20, 2016, 09:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

mehead

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 13, 2017, 12:02:57 PM
Fun fact!

All four of us (as well as all 3 members of the other band) dosed at the Rollinsville show. It was at this random, townie bar/barn in a tiny town in the mountains, so, there of course were only like 7 people in the audience.... 2 of which were our manager and Michelle...  a couple random fans, and this 17 year old kid who drove 4 hours to get there lol.

So anyways, this was the first time all 4 of us in the current line up had played a show tripping together and the first time I had dosed at a show since.... man, probably 2011 when we were still having parties in our loft space.  That will also likely be the last time I do that.  Playing drums on acid is haaaaaarrrrrrrdddd.   It's very physical... and that was weird to me. And the whole time constraint thing.... like..... we hhaaaavvve to play for an hour and a half? but.... I wannnnaa breeaaakk.... can I go outside and smoke weed? No? Shit! This is hard!

So. I'm gonna stick to dosing at Phish shows. I have way less responsibilites there.  Cool story huh?

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

:wtu:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on April 13, 2017, 12:09:26 PM
How was the belly up?

Dude. Have you been there before?

It was one of the nicest rooms we've ever played. Sound was top notch, both on stage and in the audience. The lighting/projection set-up they had was top-notch. And with the way they have the tiered seating set up, there literally isn't a bad seat in the house. Would play again!

Here's some pics from the show!
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Fun fact!

All four of us (as well as all 3 members of the other band) dosed at the Rollinsville show. It was at this random, townie bar/barn in a tiny town in the mountains, so, there of course were only like 7 people in the audience.... 2 of which were our manager and Michelle...  a couple random fans, and this 17 year old kid who drove 4 hours to get there lol.

So anyways, this was the first time all 4 of us in the current line up had played a show tripping together and the first time I had dosed at a show since.... man, probably 2011 when we were still having parties in our loft space.  That will also likely be the last time I do that.  Playing drums on acid is haaaaaarrrrrrrdddd.   It's very physical... and that was weird to me. And the whole time constraint thing.... like..... we hhaaaavvve to play for an hour and a half? but.... I wannnnaa breeaaakk.... can I go outside and smoke weed? No? Shit! This is hard!

So. I'm gonna stick to dosing at Phish shows. I have way less responsibilites there.  Cool story huh?

Gonna cue up that show now.

mbw

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 13, 2017, 01:08:26 PM
How was the belly up?

It was one of the nicest rooms we've ever played. Sound was top notch, both on stage and in the audience. The lighting/projection set-up they had was top-notch. And with the way they have the tiered seating set up, there literally isn't a bad seat in the house. Would play again!

That note got em both in the nuts.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on April 13, 2017, 04:08:58 PM
How was the belly up?

That note got em both in the nuts.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard  Well done, sir.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

How was the belly up?

yes, i have...and it's amazing!

sweet pics.

sweet nut shot.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Augustus on April 11, 2017, 08:25:39 AM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on April 11, 2017, 12:18:26 AM
anybody got a setlist from friday?!?

Moon Rocks >
Airblower >
The Game >
I am the Slime >
Jauntee's 1st Jauntee >
Scatterbrain

I feel like i should be calling nans on that...

Fun fact!

haha....  Slow Down opener explained.  Also, 1st verse goof explained lol.  Can't wait to hear the rest of this. 

EDIT:  Oh man, this version of The Heater is absolutely wonderful.  Only 7:30 in and this thing is deep in outer space.  Great stuff. 

DOUBLE EDIT:  Scotty Fast-Hands on that Black Bart!!!  Nice!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Gumbo72203

How in the FUCK has nobody mentioned that Caton sat in with Dopapod in Boston and THEY PLAYED PIGS!?!?!?!

I see no Dopapod thread so i'm putting this here: 

http://music.dopapod.com/album/2017-04-07-paradise-rock-club-boston-ma

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

pcr3

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on April 15, 2017, 11:33:47 PM
How in the FUCK has nobody mentioned that Caton sat in with Dopapod in Boston and THEY PLAYED PIGS!?!?!?!

I am still trying to process that show. The Pigs was simply great.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Gumbo72203

Quote from: pcr3 on April 16, 2017, 12:27:28 AM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on April 15, 2017, 11:33:47 PM

I am still trying to process that show. The Pigs was simply great.

Yeah, it's funny that the guys haven't posted a thing about that show on Facebook....     was Aug correct with his setlist from that night?  I feel like he was joking with the JFJ inclusion and no other "staple" songs. 

But yeah, that Pigs is absolutely fantastic.  So glad they gave Caton the solo at the end.  I wasn't ready for that middle jam to end haha. 

sls.stormyrider

Clearly the highlight of the Dopapod show
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!