News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Thread

Started by mistercharlie, April 07, 2018, 10:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

2023 USA tour announced
3 red rocks shows  :beerbang: :pbjtime:
Might hit the marathon Hollywood bowl show too.

June 1-3: Grundy County, Tenn. (The Caverns Underground)
June 7: Morrison, Colo. (Red Rocks Amphitheatre)
June 8: Morrison, Colo. (Red Rocks Amphitheatre – early and late show)
June 11-13: Chicago (The Salt Shed)
June 16-18: Carnation, Wash. (Carnation Farms)
June 21: Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl)

mistercharlie

I have a hard time wrapping my head around and 'Early' and a 'Late' show at Red Rocks. Just how early is the early show to give them enough time to get ready for the late show?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

natronzero

Midway through the Gaia drum solo from Forest Hills there are some chompers chompin', and one of them says
"It's like metal...jam...I don't think they could do twelve shows at Madison Square Garden....BUT..."
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

emay

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 15, 2022, 03:03:20 PMI have a hard time wrapping my head around and 'Early' and a 'Late' show at Red Rocks. Just how early is the early show to give them enough time to get ready for the late show?

130 PM showtime for early show
8 PM showtime for late show

mistercharlie

Quote from: emay on November 15, 2022, 05:16:29 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 15, 2022, 03:03:20 PMI have a hard time wrapping my head around and 'Early' and a 'Late' show at Red Rocks. Just how early is the early show to give them enough time to get ready for the late show?

130 PM showtime for early show
8 PM showtime for late show
The older I get, the more appealing a 1:30pm show sounds! I would love that!

One of my favorite recent (if 2017 is recent) concert experiences was a Portugal. The Man show. They were the opening act for Vance Joy, and neither the wife or I wanted to see him, so we saw P.TM and bounced. We were home by 9, it was perfect!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

This hr+ video has been getting a lot of play in my house today. Wild to think this was over 6 yrs ago and they have only gotten better.

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

They've been heading towards 'jam band' status for some time now and I think tonight they finally achieve it with their first Milward poster. And I won't lie... I actually kinda dig it. If Milward puts up an AP on his site I may grab one.

PIE-GUY

video is a little stalkerish - but I can't help smiling at Trey getting down to King Gizz at Red Rocks! 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1666682127113687041
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

pretty wild that he is just IN that crowd.

GBL

not exactly in the crowd, but I agree

he's a man of the people
If this is love, I'm never going home..

PIE-GUY

Quote from: GBL on June 09, 2023, 12:51:38 PMnot exactly in the crowd, but I agree

he's a man of the people

Yeah... he's 100% in the "family" zone with barriers and security making sure he's never "in the crowd." Still, cool to see him getting into it. Sucks to never get to "see" a Phish show, so it's gotta be a treat to see another great show. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

I feel that's just how I look at a rock show.
#dadrock
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 09, 2023, 01:18:03 PMI feel that's just how I look at a rock show.
#dadrock

I was thinking the same thing...kinda dancing with my face stuck in permagrin...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

emay

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 09, 2023, 01:14:24 PM
Quote from: GBL on June 09, 2023, 12:51:38 PMnot exactly in the crowd, but I agree

he's a man of the people

Yeah... he's 100% in the "family" zone with barriers and security making sure he's never "in the crowd." Still, cool to see him getting into it. Sucks to never get to "see" a Phish show, so it's gotta be a treat to see another great show.
He was in the soundboard section the whole time pretty much where the underground tunnel from backstage comes out in the venue at Red Rocks.
My friend Lane from app state was the one who made the  Gizz/phish shirt he was wearing in his post on the gram. I was chillin with Lane during the opener and got to go up n meet Trey with him in between opener and gizz. Didn't say anything other than hey and got to dap him up and he gave me a hug haha. My friend lane talked to him for a little about the merch and gizz. Was surreal to say the least.

anthrax

Quote from: emay on June 09, 2023, 04:44:46 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 09, 2023, 01:14:24 PM

he's a man of the people

He was in the soundboard section the whole time pretty much where the underground tunnel from backstage comes out in the venue at Red Rocks.
My friend Lane from app state was the one who made the  Gizz/phish shirt he was wearing in his post on the gram. I was chillin with Lane during the opener and got to go up n meet Trey with him in between opener and gizz. Didn't say anything other than hey and got to dap him up and he gave me a hug haha. My friend lane talked to him for a little about the merch and gizz. Was surreal to say the least.

Sick!!