News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Thread

Started by mistercharlie, April 07, 2018, 10:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

And they just added a third show for charity! Good guys.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Multibeast12

Grabbed all three of the shows last night. Current on Paris '19. Loving it so far.

mistercharlie

New live Movie & Album coming out in the next week!! "Chunky Shrapnel" is a 2LP set of live material recorded over the 2019 world tour. Both Flightless and ATO will have the vinyl pre-orders open at the same time! 9am 4/10 (Australian time), which is 6pm EST here in the states.

Here's ATO's announcemnt.
http://atorecords.com/featured/king-gizzard-announce-chunky-shrapnel-album-featue/

Or you can pre-order your streaming movie ticket here: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/chunkyshrapnel
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 03, 2020, 08:31:27 AM
New live Movie & Album coming out in the next week!! "Chunky Shrapnel" is a 2LP set of live material recorded over the 2019 world tour. Both Flightless and ATO will have the vinyl pre-orders open at the same time! 9am 4/10 (Australian time), which is 6pm EST here in the states.

Here's ATO's announcemnt.
http://atorecords.com/featured/king-gizzard-announce-chunky-shrapnel-album-featue/

Or you can pre-order your streaming movie ticket here: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/chunkyshrapnel

I'll probably check out the movie....the show that we were supposed to see here this month was obv cancelled but moved to a better venue in October  and Hicks and I scored front row balcony (which we also had last summer for my birthday).  Gonna be sick.

mistercharlie

There's some things going on in the Gizzverse later today/tomorrow!

A new album, "K.G."!

A new live album, "Live in San Francisco '16"!

A new label/non-label for US & EU releases on Gizzverse.com!

My wallet is going to hate me tomorrow!

natronzero

Super excited for this. Chunky Shrapnel and the Asheville '19 show are both awesome.  This band is just never not on a roll.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

mistercharlie

Quote from: natronzero on October 20, 2020, 06:09:42 PM
Super excited for this. Chunky Shrapnel and the Asheville '19 show are both awesome.  This band is just never not on a roll.

I'm almost more stoked for the San Fran '16 than the new album. But I'm super excited for both. Tomorrow is going to be a very unproductive day at work.

mistercharlie

Spent a bit too much today on these releases, but I'm happy with my decisions.

mistercharlie

I'm sure that everyone knows about the 8 albums, 1 Old Stuff, 2 Demos and 5 live, that Gizz dropped, Polygondwanaland-style, to be pressed by anyone that wanted to try pressing it. Well, I tried my hand at getting my own pressing of the early recordings, Teenage Gizzard, pressed on what I'm calling 'Gizzmas Splatter' vinyl. Neon Yellow with Magenta and Clear Green 2-color splatter. If I get 300 sold in the next 30 days, it gets made, if not it doesn't and no one gets charged. If you want to help me see it get made, that's cool. If not, that's cool too. I'm just sharing it everywhere so that I can have a Gizz album on my shelf that I had a hand in making!

https://qrates.com/projects/22164

If I end up profiting off this pressing, I plan on using the profits to buy Gizz/Flightless goods, so I can feed my vinyl habit and also give the money to the musicians who made the music.

mistercharlie

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Damn, I've had my Flightless KG for about a month or more now. But I'm super pumped for LW. The singles are great.

mistercharlie

L.W. is AMAZING! I've already listened to it twice today. I can't wait to get in my car and listen to it at high volume, and then home so I can listen to it with my headphones!

Vinyl pre-order is still a few weeks away, I've read.

natronzero

5 Night Sydney residency announced for August, with predetermined, themed setlists (Acoustic, Jams, Microtonal, Garage Rock, Metal)...
https://carriageworks.com.au/journal/king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-set-lists/
Hoping these get an official release in some form or fashion!
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

mistercharlie

Quote from: natronzero on May 25, 2021, 10:42:32 AM
5 Night Sydney residency announced for August, with predetermined, themed setlists (Acoustic, Jams, Microtonal, Garage Rock, Metal)...
https://carriageworks.com.au/journal/king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-set-lists/
Hoping these get an official release in some form or fashion!

Shit yeah!  :rockout: