News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018/10/31-11/3 MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, NV

Started by mehead, June 04, 2018, 08:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

I'm here! Woohoo!

I f'n hate flying so decided to drive. Was planning on splitting up the 12 hour drive but it was so easy/gorgeous I figured I might as well get here now! Crushed Phish shows all the way, of course...

07/24/99 - holy crap Trey is high. Jams are loose and awesome. Band (trey and mike specifically) are f'n up left and right.
09/24/00 - kind of bored me after the craziness of the last one. Cities jam did crush and I loved the laid back, 99 feel on that Cool It Down
12/13/99 - also... not the strongest of shows IMO. Is there video of this? Can someone explain what is happening on this Piper jam? Fishman, just randomly goes to the toms, and then... stays there for what seems liked forever They build, and fall, and build and fall, but Fish just stays on the toms. It confused me. The sand also went on forever w/o really grabbing me.
06/13/00 - love hearing how small this room is. This seemed like one of the less engaging Japan shows that year however? They seemed more playful in the first set than second. That meat reprise was awesome.

So yeah. I'm here.
Bring in the dude!

nab

Caravan2001

Caravan2001

Quote from: mopper_smurf on October 30, 2018, 09:08:27 AM
If the :phish: from Vermont need a challenge ... O wait, they don't practice that much anymore.

The Kinks - Preservation Act 1 followed by Preservation Act 2

Yeah, I ways though they would do a great job with Arthur or Something Else.  Either of those would be fantastic.

cactusfan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 31, 2018, 12:04:47 AM
I'm here! Woohoo!

I f'n hate flying so decided to drive. Was planning on splitting up the 12 hour drive but it was so easy/gorgeous I figured I might as well get here now! Crushed Phish shows all the way, of course...

07/24/99 - holy crap Trey is high. Jams are loose and awesome. Band (trey and mike specifically) are f'n up left and right.
09/24/00 - kind of bored me after the craziness of the last one. Cities jam did crush and I loved the laid back, 99 feel on that Cool It Down
12/13/99 - also... not the strongest of shows IMO. Is there video of this? Can someone explain what is happening on this Piper jam? Fishman, just randomly goes to the toms, and then... stays there for what seems liked forever They build, and fall, and build and fall, but Fish just stays on the toms. It confused me. The sand also went on forever w/o really grabbing me.
06/13/00 - love hearing how small this room is. This seemed like one of the less engaging Japan shows that year however? They seemed more playful in the first set than second. That meat reprise was awesome.

So yeah. I'm here.

So close... but you were supposed to listen to 7/25/99, 9/22/00, 12/12/99, and 6/14/00.

mehead

Quote from: emay on October 31, 2018, 12:03:57 AM
Quote from: mehead on October 31, 2018, 12:00:58 AM
Our waitress here at The Yardbird said she was hearing Boston rumors.

She probably has the same source as gas station guy.

Seriously. As soon as she said that I just LOL.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mehead on October 31, 2018, 02:19:28 AM
Quote from: emay on October 31, 2018, 12:03:57 AM
Quote from: mehead on October 31, 2018, 12:00:58 AM
Our waitress here at The Yardbird said she was hearing Boston rumors.

She probably has the same source as gas station guy.

Seriously. As soon as she said that I just LOL.

Cab driver guy says no.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

birdman

I'm here! Woohoo!

So yeah. I'm here.
I was at that 12/13/99 show. Def one of my least favorite attended. All that I really remember is being nearly bored to tears by Sand. I felt bad that mike had to play the riff ad Infinitum.
Paug FTMFW!

mistercharlie

Quote from: birdman on October 31, 2018, 06:25:54 AM
I'm here! Woohoo!

So yeah. I'm here.
I was at that 12/13/99 show. Def one of my least favorite attended. All that I really remember is being nearly bored to tears by Sand. I felt bad that mike had to play the riff ad Infinitum.

I was at 7/24/99... One helluva show during one helluva run! 7/23 - 7/26 were four straight days of awesome!!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Would it be possible for one of you dudes to grab an extra phish bill for me? I would be grateful!

rowjimmy

Quote from: anthrax on October 31, 2018, 08:02:28 AM
Would it be possible for one of you dudes to grab an extra phish bill for me? I would be grateful!

YES
If you can keep your eye open for one for this guy, it'd be much appreciated.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 31, 2018, 09:08:31 AM

YES

Last time I grabbed four... then proceeded to lose all of them before the show was over. Still don't have one.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 31, 2018, 09:08:31 AM

YES

Me too

emay

ill try to grab as many as I can but cant promise pristine quality might be folded.