News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-12-30 - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Started by ytowndan, December 30, 2018, 11:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

note to self:  the next time trey does an acoustic tour, go to the phish shows immediately following the tour!  it forced him to look over song lists and get super creative and phish wins when this happens.

susep

Another killer Split Open and Melt to match the Gorge and Vegas.   :rawk: 

justjezmund

I cried 7 times in the first set alone. 

Coolest set Ive seen since IT. 
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Caravan2001

The Melt was awesome. Can't went to Relisten to this show!  Hadn't heard Alumni since Beacon 94 and hadn't seen Jimmy Page since Jones Beach 94 so I was super pumped.  Also kept trying to leave the show but they kept playing. I kept running in and out. But after running in during Fubky Bitch I ran into PH92 so it was awesome to meet him and rage Wilson. Then I left. And came back. And left and came back lol.  Could have sworn Wilson was the end.

Caravan2001

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on January 01, 2019, 05:47:49 PM
note to self:  the next time trey does an acoustic tour, go to the phish shows immediately following the tour!  it forced him to look over song lists and get super creative and phish wins when this happens.

Yep. I was thinking this all run.  They played a lot of the stuff he played acoustic
Bring in the dude!

cactusfan

So this makes the third best SOAM this fall, and, thus, the third best SOAM of 3.0.
Or am I forgetting any?

I'm so glad they've rediscovered this song. I can't get enough of the two fall versions. And after one listen, I think this one will be going into heavy rotation too.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: cactusfan on January 08, 2019, 03:25:48 PM
So this makes the third best SOAM this fall, and, thus, the third best SOAM of 3.0.
Or am I forgetting any?

I'm so glad they've rediscovered this song. I can't get enough of the two fall versions. And after one listen, I think this one will be going into heavy rotation too.

Melts are so divisive these days. I usually love them, and this one was no differnt. I love the weird, disjointed dissonance they bring these days. It's a style of jamming we didn't really see before 3.0.  Not that they didn't used to get dissonant... this has just been a different approach to dissonance.

The "getting back into the song" part usually fails, but that's so minor compared to the jams that preceded
Bring in the dude!