News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Special Counsel investigation

Started by Thrillhouse, September 21, 2018, 06:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Honestly, we still don't know shit.
Barr is not what one would call a reliable witness here, so his letter is not to be trusted as authoritative on the matter.

mbw

I'm just resigning myself to the fact that this guy is going to be president the next 6 years.

mehead

Quote from: mbw on March 25, 2019, 01:12:53 PM
I'm just resigning myself to the fact that this guy is going to be president the next 6 years.

THIS. Unfortunately.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mattstick

Where the true patriots at?

Fuck these Russia-tit suckling GOP money grabbing fuckfaces.

Honestly, the world is fucked, the 21st century is going to be fucking brutal until we're dead.

Apologies to my kid.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mehead on March 25, 2019, 01:21:13 PM

THIS. Unfortunately.

I did not see one lick of news over the past 10 days and I have to say, it felt amazing. It's not like i have any chance of changing someone's mind these days. It's become such a partisan mindset that most people will blindly follow whoever has the chance of winning, no matter what the cost. At least I know what effect I can have with my vote and even my current PM, who I voted for, has had his shortcomings. Dependent on his competition this year, I don't think he'll be getting my vote come the election.
I'm seriously considering just blocking out the whole steaming pile of shit and just seal off my bubble so as to live out my days in peace.
It can really take its toll on your psyche.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

he didn't say there was no collusion or no obstruction of justice. They can't prove that there was, or wasn't. Of course, that nuance is totally lost on the WH, Fox, the GOP enablers, and the Trump supporters. 
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

6 years? Such optimism.

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 25, 2019, 12:31:33 PM
Honestly, we still don't know shit.
Barr is not what one would call a reliable witness here, so his letter is not to be trusted as authoritative on the matter.

True. But still...

Quote from: mattstick on March 25, 2019, 01:23:40 PM

Honestly, the world is fucked, the 21st century is going to be fucking brutal until we're dead.

Until we're dead? Such optimism.

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 25, 2019, 01:48:47 PM

It can really take its toll on your psyche.

Welcome back! And yes, it can.

Apologies to my psyche.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

Our justice system is built off "Innocent until proven guilty" though. So in the eyes of our nation, nothing to see here.

ytowndan

Yep. He was officially re-elected yesterday.  He now has seemingly legit ammo in his paranoid war against all these "witch hunts" out to get him.

Add that to the massive but weak field of democrats and trump 2020 is a lock. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

The doom and gloom here is hilarious. Today is literally no different from Thursday except Mueller is packing his office. We have no idea what's in the report and we likely will not know for some time. If you expected different, you have been walking around with your eyes closed.

Today we have before us the exact same task as last week, mount a successful campaign to oust this monster from the White House.

That is all.

It has long been our one and only hope.

PIE-GUY

While Taibbi may not be wrong about the utter incompetence of a news media that has been financially gutted by the internet and can no longer function without selling salacious headlines and a "point of view" as opposed to "just the facts," he may be missing the point that Trump still may face some major legal woes.

Read this thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1109913558333210629.html 

Also, I don't buy that the Dems' massive field of Presidential hopefuls will keep them from winning the White House back. I'm more worried that the Dems will put forward a woman or person of color out of spite and end up losing because this country still houses so many fucking racists. Not saying they HAVE to put forward a white man, but it really needs to be someone middle-America will vote for...

Also, we desperately need to kill voter restrictions EVERYWHERE. Make no mistake, Trump won thanks to strict voter ID, etc. in states that should have gone for Hillary. The Right's march toward a permanent majority is succeeding and must be destroyed.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

Mueller didn't change 2020. Remeber, Clinton got impeached and won.

it's about turnout
Trump won with less votes then Romney lost with
The Dems need to get motivated, either with positive passion for a candidate or negative passion for Trump
Voter suppression laws must be overturned.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Hicks

It's about nominating Bernie IMO.

He's the one candidate that speaks to white anger (i.e. most of this country) on both sides of the aisle.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 25, 2019, 03:31:59 PM
The doom and gloom here is hilarious. Today is literally no different from Thursday except Mueller is packing his office. We have no idea what's in the report and we likely will not know for some time. If you expected different, you have been walking around with your eyes closed.

Today we have before us the exact same task as last week, mount a successful campaign to oust this monster from the White House.

That is all.

It has long been our one and only hope.

I'm not filled with doom and gloom because of this.  I honestly never thought anything would come of it, and if it did, it would just bounce off of him like everything else.
That is where my doom and gloom comes from.  the fact that this guy appears unstoppable no matter what.  Him hovering around 50% approval rating despite what an incompetent slimeball everyone knows he is tells me he isn't going anywhere.

ytowndan

Quote from: Hicks on March 25, 2019, 04:23:18 PM
It's about nominating Bernie IMO.

He's the one candidate that speaks to white anger (i.e. most of this country) on both sides of the aisle.

I think he's probably our best shot, and it's for that exact reason.  Biden would be a mistake because he's too establishment and doesn't speak to those people like Trump did.  Having said that, Bernie comes with a major problem (hence my worrying about the 2020 field), and it's not moderates and/or Middle America.  It's actually the left.  Basically, it's what Dave was getting at.  I can see the base tearing itself apart over "giving it to another old white guy."
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.