News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

damn you people born 10 years before me

Started by petert686, October 28, 2005, 12:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaise

that was the worst part about being exposed to the band at that time because everyone who heard them for the first time more than likely were exposed to farmhouse shit. I probably appreciate that cd more now than then but it wasn't until I went to the library and requested a live one and SLIP STITCH AND PASS that things became clear. It sucked that the first songs to dl on napster(remember that!) and shit would bring up BATR, Farmhouse, heavy things, ... first.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Blaise on November 15, 2005, 01:31:44 PM
that was the worst part about being exposed to the band at that time because everyone who heard them for the first time more than likely were exposed to farmhouse shit. I probably appreciate that cd more now than then but it wasn't until I went to the library and requested a live one and SLIP STITCH AND PASS that things became clear. It sucked that the first songs to dl on napster(remember that!) and shit would bring up BATR, Farmhouse, heavy things, ... first.

How bout --"gin & Juice"
...still to this day whenever i ask someone if they ever listen to Phish, there like--"yeah i love that DLoad called "gin and juice!!"
in fact it happened yesterday.
that shits been on the net for years.
i bet if you google Phish, it is in the top ten results.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

gonePHishing

I've never seen a Dead show, in fact I never even had heard of the Dead until they released their FINAL studio record Built To Last, but my collection has grown to over 40 shows and I love the hell out of the greatest band I never saw.

sophist

hey peter, i meant to share this after NYE, but I forgot.  The whole night of the 31st, all I could think about was phish should be playing a NYE show (it pissed me off and made me wish that I was ten years older---> I wish I could of seen the boys more).
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

petert686

hell yea man i was thinking the same thing, i mean i had a GREAT time at STS9 but i still couldn't help thinking that i would rather it be phish but whatev

sophist

hey peter, if they come back in the fall.  We should make a t-shirt with a slogan :
Young phans need more phish!
Damn the old, and steal their ticket :evil:

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

skullbone dog

Quote from: phan003 on November 07, 2005, 12:53:31 PM

In fact I have to say its scary how much they sounded like the dead. I dl the show they(DSO) performed and it was really accurate compared to the dead's performance of that date.

i just saw them last weekend i felt like i was in the twilight zone, freakin bizarre man. they definatly put on a great show

as for phish, im 19 also but thank god i got tix for uic weekend 11/7-9/98 for my birthday from my sister, otherwise i too would probably never gone and wouldve been pissed on what i missed.

rlanantelope

I know how you feel, but not really.

I'm 16, got into Phish three years ago all because my sister's boyfriend was like "here listen to this:" Reba. Then we had deteion together, and it was most of Round Room. Around Christmas my sister bought him Lawn Boy (he had liek all his Phish cds stole the year before) and we sat at my Dad's house listening to it. Then soon as I know it, early spring of '04 I got like 50 bucks ready for winter tour...then.........at lest I got 'em once....

And the same guy (his name is Josh) saw Phix (i woulda gone but gay 18+ shows) said they are good but, they're not Phish...

Ohhhhhhhh and my ex's new boyfriend (kid wears Bonnaroo shirts like he's down, but trust me he's not...) supposedly has Phish doing Gin and Juice. I just laughed at her. And that's how I know the kid isn't down...haha, I hate the kids in my school they know of Phish but don't understand it, and either A. Think they do (it's sad) or B. make fun of me because I do understand...

whatapiper

does anyone really understand? :wink: yeah, dark star def put me in a time warp when i saw them in fort collins a few years back, very sick, they covered a jgb show which was nice, except for the eyes encore(woot!!)
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong