News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2020 Democratic Primary Poll (NOW WITH VOTE CHANGING!)

Started by mistercharlie, April 19, 2019, 09:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: ytowndan on March 01, 2020, 07:24:39 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 01, 2020, 07:05:41 PM
Quote from: mbw on March 01, 2020, 06:27:39 PM
Quote from: kellerb on February 13, 2020, 11:03:26 AM
Quote from: mbw on February 11, 2020, 08:07:27 PM
Yang is out.

Biden:  "I did WHAT at the debate?!"

Peter's out.

There was no chance of him dying of old age in office, which is a requirement these days.

Youngest male candidate now, 77.

That is crazy to me.

I'm all for Bernie and I dig what Warren has to say as well..... But damn. I feel stress taking a toll on my 32 year old body just from my tiny, daily stresses. I can't imagine the toll stress takes on these old guys....
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Bernie and Public Enemy right now.
Well, most of PE.

tet

a bit heartbroken about Pete but I get it.  hoping that Amy backs out, and Liz can mount an epic comeback, because I think she's our best shot.  Liz would make a great veep too, but i think only Biden would pick her, not Bernie... 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mbw

Quote from: tet on March 01, 2020, 11:09:35 PM
a bit heartbroken about Pete but I get it.  hoping that Amy backs out, and Liz can mount an epic comeback, because I think she's our best shot.  Liz would make a great veep too, but i think only Biden would pick her, not Bernie...

Or you could, like, get behind Bernie, the front runner.

Hicks

Breaking News: Guy named Buttgig realizes guys named Buttgig aren't gonna be President. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

tet

Quote from: mbw on March 01, 2020, 11:43:50 PM

I felt the Bern in 2016, but it's a bit early for me to decide where I stand about 15 hours after my guy dropped out.  If I went with frontrunners, I'd be running a Taylor Swift website.  I don't vote until June anyway, and things will be pretty much wrapped up by then (ha!)
-Phish

mbw

Quote from: tet on March 02, 2020, 11:02:47 AM
Quote from: mbw on March 01, 2020, 11:43:50 PM

I felt the Bern in 2016, but it's a bit early for me to decide where I stand about 15 hours after my guy dropped out.  If I went with frontrunners, I'd be running a Taylor Swift website.  I don't vote until June anyway, and things will be pretty much wrapped up by then (ha!)

we know you run swifties.net
its cool.

tet

well, Amy's out too.  not a surprise there, just wondering why she waited until today to do it. 

Liz has been my #2 for a while but I just don't think she has too viable of a path at this point.  I love everything Bernie stands for, I just don't see him keeping his cool in a debate with Trump.  but then again, keeping cool wasn't Trump's thing either, and look what he did... 

looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...
-Phish

kellerb

Biden:  "I told her I wanted to take a look at her Klobuchar? She's not even my type of broad!"

mbw

Quote from: tet on March 02, 2020, 02:15:49 PM
well, Amy's out too.  not a surprise there, just wondering why she waited until today to do it. 

Liz has been my #2 for a while but I just don't think she has too viable of a path at this point.  I love everything Bernie stands for, I just don't see him keeping his cool in a debate with Trump.  but then again, keeping cool wasn't Trump's thing either, and look what he did... 

looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...

I am 100% certain that Biden would try to physically fight Trump at a debate.
He has pretty much said it.  It would be a total embarrassment to put him on stage with Trump.
Trump would kick his ass, too.

sls.stormyrider

For some reason, I don't think the debates will change many people's mind this year

It's all about the tweets
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

There's potentially high risk / high reward on the debate stage. With Trump there are no gloves; Hillary wore gloves. Sanders and Biden both have moments where they are able to channel genuine, prevailing antipathy toward Trump and I look forward to seeing that aired in a manner that doesn't pretend Trump's office's dignity a) shields him from it or b) exists. Sanders is more articulate than Biden, and I see him perhaps standing up better to Trump's rhetoric in real time. But he also needs to not come across as an alienating old crank. Biden's anger will have more of an everyman flavor to it, but if he gets put on his heels it could get ugly.
Is this still Wombat?