News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-7-3 SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by shoreline99, July 04, 2019, 09:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

Quote from: mbw on July 04, 2019, 11:48:25 AM
So, Trey botched some shit, there were some energy killing calls, some good stuff, and you had fun?

Sounds like you saw a 3.0 Phish show.

Pretty much. You'll get no real complaints from me.

No whale calls, though. Or Cathy's Clown. :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

I thought that show was pretty good. I'd pick Night 1 over it, sure, but I enjoyed the prog sandwich on the first set and the jams in the second. Wedge was a fine and good call. Sucks you guys don't like good old Phish songs.

gainesvillegreen

The solo Trey throws off in this Wedge was ridiculously good. In fact, it was a high point of the show for him.
Wtf is going on in here?
White line fever has gone viral.
:crazy:
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

shoreline99

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on July 04, 2019, 02:44:20 PM
The solo Trey throws off in this Wedge was ridiculously good. In fact, it was a high point of the show for him.
Wtf is going on in here?
White line fever has gone viral.
:crazy:

I thought the Wedge was fine. More was also pretty great.

Hicks

Show was fine, just not up to the quality of the other shows we've seen since they really locked in at MPP.

Fluffhead was indeed rough but the intro was unique and it sounded to me like Trey started chording at the normal part of the Arrival. Guyute also was a bit sloppy but haven't they all been since like 1998? 

Enjoyed the smooth segues in the Plasma > WACTOOB > Plasma > Tweeprise segment which was the show highlight for me, although I'm a big fan of Sleep so nice to see the bustout in the first set. Not great Wedge placement, in fact it rarely works mid second set for me, but it was played well and Sally is always a welcome addition and had a nice relaxed groove.

I'm thinking at least one of the Fenway shows will be a monster with the way the last week has gone. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

I listened to it last night on the long drive back from Seattle and I thought it was pretty good. Some nice stuff in there.  It wasn't Blossom or Charlotte but still way better than say, Toronto.

shoreline99

OH and kudos to the Girl Scouts selling cookies by the bridge. Well done.

aphineday

I hadn't even read this thread until now. Listening to Wedge, and thinking (before reading) that the solo was so good. I really thought it was inspired playing. How does Wedge bring the energy down? Have to be hanging with some wooks ready for the next heady 3 minute banger.
That said, show maybe wasn't as hot as the few that preceded it, but still pretty above average IMO.
They're just building up to send the state of Wisconsin into orbit at Alpine.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

WhatstheUse?

Just listened to the Wedge. Solo rips. Great song.

Really nothing to complain about, I just find it often is the song trey picks to horse force in the middle of an epic jam.
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

But he didn’t force it here.
Tweezer Reprise ended, didn’t it?

Complain about the force in the appropriate Post-Show thread.
No room for your baggage here, thanks.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 04, 2019, 11:46:49 AM
It's a shame the Wedge has become a song I'm almost bummed to hear these days -- solely because of where it's placed.

It's such a great tune but usually seems to abruptly end jams mid second set.  It just seems like a 1st set tune, imo. And... you know, I know best.

We all know best.  We're the ones in the audience!

EDIT:  Also, Wedge was indeed played well, but you could feel the energy get sapped from where we were.  They had everyone in their pocket and let them go.  You put Piper, Ghost, Sally....  anything like that right there, and you've shot people to fucking Jupiter. 

Instead we went to Taco Bell around the corner.  It was good, but was it what you really wanted?  XD
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 04, 2019, 07:47:23 PM
Just listened to the Wedge. Solo rips. Great song.

Really nothing to complain about, I just find it often is the song trey picks to horse force in the middle of an epic jam.

yeah, and unfortunately, it has become a little rote.  I agree on placement too, always seems to come out of a ripcord.  It was great second set of Hampton 98, but.....

I think if they hold off on it a bit and play it once a year, it would have a little more impact.  Or even lay off of it for 1-2 years.  It's a great song but seems to have lost some oomph.