News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-07-09 Mohegan Sun Arena - Uncasville, CT - Live Setlist Thread

Started by Hicks, July 09, 2019, 08:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

Hicks

Fun fact, Lengthwise and Things People Do were both last played during the same set at Alpharetta night 2 last summer.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

anthrax

i've always enjoyed Energy, and i'm a big fan of this high quality stream blaring throughout my house!!  except for the future, ya know.

mbw

Buffalo Budd

I actually really enjoyed Petrichor in Bangor.
I was really close to the stage at that point and was able to focus in on them as they played.
There's some very complex segments in that piece.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

It's funny how people get mad that Phish plays too many simple folky songs or whatever but when they drag out a big ass composition that's actually demanding of their skills they get all mad too.

People are basically terrible.

Phish, on the other hand, is pretty great.
Case in point: that Gin.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 09, 2019, 09:34:40 PM
It's funny how people get mad that Phish plays too many simple folky songs or whatever but when they drag out a big ass composition that's actually demanding of their skills they get all mad too.

People are basically terrible.

Phish, on the other hand, is pretty great.
Case in point: that Gin.

That was good.  And Ari Fink just called Moma the Mama Dance.  Really?

Hicks

I'd be stoked to see another Petrichor. 

I have a special connection to it though since I saw its debut at the Schnitz with Oregon Symphony Orchestra. 

aphineday

Quote from: Hicks on July 09, 2019, 09:38:20 PM

I have a special connection to it though since I saw its debut at the Schnitz with Oregon Symphony Orchestra. 
See... that's the element where I want to hear stuff like that (or even TTE). In the middle of a show that's building energy, it's a gut punch. I do agree that this version was sublime... and the Gin was a smokeshow.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mattstick

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 09, 2019, 09:37:18 PM

Yeah but then he played Freddie's Dead at set break and it was all good.

anthrax

Caravan2001

Quote from: aphineday on July 09, 2019, 09:46:10 PM

See... that's the element where I want to hear stuff like that (or even TTE). In the middle of a show that's building energy, it's a gut punch. I do agree that this version was sublime... and the Gin was a smokeshow.

I dunno, I kind of liked the placement tbh....

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on July 09, 2019, 09:46:51 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 09, 2019, 09:37:18 PM

Yeah but then he played Freddie's Dead at set break and it was all good.

yep.. That was good.

aphineday

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 09, 2019, 09:53:09 PM
Quote from: aphineday on July 09, 2019, 09:46:10 PM

I dunno, I kind of liked the placement tbh....
Fair. All around, if they play it as well as they did tonight, I could maybe change my mind. It was very well played.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...