News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-07-14 Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - Post-Show Discussion

Started by aphineday, July 15, 2019, 03:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Quote from: emay on July 16, 2019, 05:55:56 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on July 16, 2019, 05:53:39 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 16, 2019, 01:51:04 PM
It's funny... the Landlady is literally the first song I ever saw Phish play live.

My first as well......

http://phish.com/tours/dates/thu-1990-09-13-the-wetlands-preserve/

looks like that was the first Landlady as well!
Quotencluding the 1st confirmed performance of The Landlady ouside Punch You In The Eye (although see 4/7/90 for a reported earlier version). Trey said that The Landlady opener was "indirectly dedicated to the spirit of Carlos".

That show had loads of first; not that they meant anything to me. The most confusing concert I have ever been to. Zero clue as to what was going on. Didn't figure it out until a couple years after.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

cactusfan

Man, those Ruby Waves lyrics are tough to get through. But once that's accomplished...

Damn. That there is a jam. Listened three times through so far. Liked it more each time.

First set plays as more of an entertaining grab bag of cool songs than a coherent set, but it's fun for that. Vultures seems to be the standout, playing-wise. And I suppose if Glide's going to be tanked, it might as well be that egregiously, so at least Trey can make a joke about it.

Superfreakie

Quote from: cactusfan on July 16, 2019, 06:39:59 PM
Man, those Ruby Waves lyrics are tough to get through.

Don't even get me started......paging Mr. Marshall, cleanup in isle 4.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Gumbo72203

Finally made it through most of this.  I laughed more during this than I have during a Phish show in a long time.  I miss Phish making me laugh.  I feel like they don't really go for that anymore, and I wish they did. 

This is everything I'd really want in a Phish show.  The old crazy prog stuff, Pebbles and Marbles, a big jam, funny banter, and YEM.  It's just perfect, really. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

emay

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

Had it on the To Do list to watch this vid.  Took in this show from a killer spot surrounded by great people.  Took me close to a week to recover from the journey of this night.  Is it Tuesday yet??

Hicks

The Ruby Waves is permanently on yt, so this one gets a big ol:   :tte:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on July 10, 2020, 10:20:32 PM
The Ruby Waves is permanently on yt, so this one gets a big ol:   :tte:

It came on for us automatically last week after DAAM.  It was good but...Still, lot of other stuff to like on this show.  Lot of first set bust outs and I like the post-RW stuff too...Will watch and drool.

Superfreakie

Blue morning walking down the street
Hear the rhythm from the soles of my feet
On the pavement and I reach out my hands
And touch the building that's besides me

And I look into the air up above my head
A thin layer of clouds and the open sky
All the stars are handles on doors
If I could touch them with my fingers they would open up

And the sea of love
Ruby waves would pour down on my head
Ocean of love would carry me up from this prison of lies
If I could touch the stars with my finger tips
The doors would open all around me
Gonna escape from this prison of lies
And swim in the ocean up above my head

When I die I'll turn into a tiny ball of energy
And I'll go flippin' and floatin' up into the sky
And bounce off the stars like a pinball machine
Look around
All the lights on the machine are flashing
Until they explode and the particles join up with

The sea of love
Ruby waves pouring down on my head
An ocean of love
Carry me up from this prison of lies
If I could touch the stars with my finger tips
The doors would open all around me
Gonna escape from the prison of lies
Gonna escape from the prison of lies

Hicks

I think it's time for the band to make Trey sign a contract that they'll break up if he writes any more songs about oceans and/or seas of love or stars. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Hicks on July 13, 2020, 08:58:32 PM
I think it's time for the band to make Trey sign a contract that they'll break up if he writes any more songs about oceans and/or seas of love or stars.

:clap:

Yep.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Superfreakie

Quote from: sunrisevt on July 13, 2020, 09:08:41 PM

Yep.

or lies, or screaming I'm a liar.

Hicks

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 13, 2020, 09:36:24 PM

Yep.

I think you may have confused Trey with Henry Rollins. 

Common mistake. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: Hicks on July 13, 2020, 10:30:51 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on July 13, 2020, 09:36:24 PM

Yep.

I think you may have confused Trey with Henry Rollins. 

Common mistake.

:laugh: