News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Corona Talk

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2020, 04:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

BUG ... it doesn't matter
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

anthrax

was about to start the same thread.

drive-by truckers show at the metro tomorrow night.  1,000 capacity.  sold out.  they haven't canceled yet.  do i go?

Superfreakie

Quote from: anthrax on March 12, 2020, 04:45:26 PM

drive-by truckers show at the metro tomorrow night.  1,000 capacity.  sold out.  they haven't canceled yet.  do i go?

I just saw the Allman's at MSG two nights ago.........Am I die????
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mopper_smurf

All 100+ events are cancelled over here as of today until March 31. Four live shows and two theater visits not happening for me, with just confirned rescheduled date so far. This sucks.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

anthrax

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 12, 2020, 05:12:25 PM

caught some of the stream.  sounded fantastic!  how did you like it?

Superfreakie

Quote from: anthrax on March 12, 2020, 05:16:04 PM

It was some of the worst sound I have ever heard in my life. Atrocious. The PA system was really small for the venue so they had to crank it and it fell apart. Any guitar that started to peak would completely distort and fall apart, becoming painful. The cymbals and high hats were mic'd from above to high, so I could hear them from the stage but not out of the PA (I was 4 rows back - side back of stage - near rear facing stack). I couldn't hear Derek until the second last song of the first set. Sound did marginally improve for second set but still way too distorted. 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

Ha! We start this thread to keep the virus talk out of the music threads, and now we are discussing music in the virus thread.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

gainesvillegreen

We have gone to single point entry/exit here at the hospital, screened to ER proper, Decon room if actual exposure occurred (not just some tangential nonsense, there is so much of this right now) and needing to be seen, or back out into the parking lot to go home. My ER is stoooooooooooooooooooopid busy.

Glad I have Kent State show to keep me up to speed....
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

anthrax

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 12, 2020, 05:30:58 PM

It was some of the worst sound I have ever heard in my life. Atrocious. The PA system was really small for the venue so they had to crank it and it fell apart. Any guitar that started to peak would completely distort and fall apart, becoming painful. The cymbals and high hats were mic'd from above to high, so I could hear them from the stage but not out of the PA (I was 4 rows back - side back of stage - near rear facing stack). I couldn't hear Derek until the second last song of the first set. Sound did marginally improve for second set but still way too distorted.

bummer to hear that.  couch tour (aka social distancing tour) wins again!

WhatstheUse?

My next 6 weeks of work are tentatively cancelled... which sucks on so many levels...
Bring in the dude!

mbw

So is oysterhead officially cancelled?

Caravan2001

I went to Tool last night, 12,000 people.  Just say fuck it and go.  Die with your boots on.  Of course, after the Tool show, they closed the arena for a month so, maybe I will die.  Ugh.  Show was sick though.

mattstick

Fuck. Sophie Trudeau now.

Virus is everywhere, you probably have it or know someone who does. Self isolate and stay away from the elderly and compromised.

VA $l!m

it can't be a coincidence every tv break now seems has a corona beer commercial. go capitalism.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

pcr3

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 12, 2020, 05:30:58 PM

Have you set up your new system in your place?  Just wondering if concert sound is now ruined for you...also wondering if we're gonna get to see that JGB show next weekend...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3