News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Corona Talk

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2020, 04:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

any1 know if the Johnson vacinne like hits harder than the 2 dose ones?
ive been thinking id prefer a one shot for obv reasons but my health is sorta bad and im scared how any of them gonna effect me.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: VA $l!m on June 21, 2021, 06:16:02 PM
ive been thinking id prefer a one shot for obv reasons but my health is sorta bad and im scared how any of them gonna effect me.

i got the J&J in March.

almost to the minute, 24 hours after my shot, i felt a little crappy/achy and took a 2 hour nap (my arm was a bit sore).
good to go after that!
i hydrated so much for the 24 hours before, though; i think like 146 ounces of body armor and about 64 ounces of water. no caffeine (which wasn't terrible) and i took all my meds like normal.

as far as health concerns go: i have terrible cholesterol, a non-working thyroid (=immunocompromised), and potentially the beginnings of RA... i'm not the healthiest person on the planet but i didn't really have any issues.

my sister is a little less healthy with autoimmune-induced cirrhosis at 35 and my dad is a cancer survivor who is now 65.
dad hydrated and had Moderna, other than being tired and a sore arm after the second one, he was fine.
sister didn't hydrate the first time and she was miserable with Pfizer; second dose with hydration and she was hit a lot less with symptoms as the first shot.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

VA $l!m

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 21, 2021, 07:23:34 PM

i got the J&J in March.

almost to the minute, 24 hours after my shot, i felt a little crappy/achy and took a 2 hour nap (my arm was a bit sore).
good to go after that!
i hydrated so much for the 24 hours before, though; i think like 146 ounces of body armor and about 64 ounces of water. no caffeine (which wasn't terrible) and i took all my meds like normal.

as far as health concerns go: i have terrible cholesterol, a non-working thyroid (=immunocompromised), and potentially the beginnings of RA... i'm not the healthiest person on the planet but i didn't really have any issues.

my sister is a little less healthy with autoimmune-induced cirrhosis at 35 and my dad is a cancer survivor who is now 65.
dad hydrated and had Moderna, other than being tired and a sore arm after the second one, he was fine.
sister didn't hydrate the first time and she was miserable with Pfizer; second dose with hydration and she was hit a lot less with symptoms as the first shot.
right on. hydration sounds important huh.

rowjimmy

Hydration is always important.
That said, I got Pfizer, I am not in great shape, have RA and take wacky drugs for it and I was sick for a day on shot 2.
Althea who is young and in reasonable health got the JandJ shot and said the side effects were not pleasant but not nearly as bad as Covid.

mistercharlie

I got the Moderna. No side effects aside from the sore arm in the first shot, I had less stamina than normal after the second shot, but that only lasted two days (I cut the grass two days after getting shot 2 and was exhausted by the time the front yard was done), but everything went back to normal after that.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: VA $l!m on June 21, 2021, 08:18:59 PM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 21, 2021, 07:23:34 PM

i got the J&J in March.

good to go after that!

right on. hydration sounds important huh.

apparently it's a healthy thing to do?!?!? who knew?!?!  :?
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

VA $l!m

finally got a first shot

alcoholandcoffeebeans

anthrax

widespread just announced they will require vax proof or a negative (48 hrs) test for their indoor arena shows in asheville next weekend.  if you don't wanna do it, they are offering a full refund of your ticket. 

https://widespreadpanic.com/2021/07/30/covid-19-protocol-for-asheville-nc-shows/

i think this is probably the way we're all headed for big indoor shows this fall/winter.  the music industry doesn't want to do this because it will decrease sales, but when faced with the possibility of another complete shutdown of big live shows, i think they'll take option 1.

justjezmund

Yeah I agree. When faced with the option of some money vs no money even places that don't want to will cave to the more responsible option.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mistercharlie

Have to vent here...

I just found out that my Sister and Brother-in-law have caught the 'Vid. They are not vaccinated!?!?! To give some background, they have a son who has Ebstein's Anomaly. It's a heart defect that causes low Blood/Oxygen levels and dyspnea (difficulty breathing). The poor kid has had 7 heart surgeries in his short life so far to put new stints in his heart. Why the fuck is my sister not vaccinated having such an immunocompromised child!?!?! It really pisses me off that she has chosen to not get vaccinated and I'm sure it was all her Father (and his atrocious family) that have brainwashed her into not getting it. She used to be more like my mother and myself, but now she is apparently just like him.  :frustrated: :samurai:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sunrisevt

Anyone else having second thoughts about  :phish: tour?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

birdman

Quote from: sunrisevt on August 06, 2021, 02:05:09 PM
meh. You vaxed?
Paug FTMFW!

mattstick

I'm having a hard time not seeing it as a needless super spreader event, which makes it tough to enjoy it all...

mistercharlie

I'm scared as shit about this weekend.