News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

this shit is scary

Started by VA $l!m, November 05, 2020, 07:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

While scary, this will have no effect on anything...

What was it The Who sang?.....oh yeah....

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song
I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
The change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fold, that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they are flown in the next war
Just like yesterday
We don't get fooled again, no, no
I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
Though I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?
Yeah
There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Is now parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight
Just like yesterday
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again, no, no
Yeah
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

VDB

Quote from: anthrax on January 08, 2021, 08:06:18 AM
i don't know a goddamned thing about politics, so i apologize if this is a stupid question...but...why are cabinet members resigning?  and how does this effect things?

aren't these real jobs that have work to do?  i know if i just stopped going to my job for 2 weeks, shit would be in disarray.  is this just a symbolic thing?  is this going to negatively effect the transition for the new cabinet members?  are they just jumping ship, so they don't get pulled into a situation where they have to vote to remove Dump?

This is my take on it.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

?Real jobs? in the Trump administration. 

Lol, now that?s funny. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Maybe since Devos has some to kill now she can look at the stupid iOS character incompatibility. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Hicks on January 08, 2021, 02:04:08 PM
Maybe since Devos has some to kill now she can look at the stupid iOS character incompatibility.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sunrisevt

Quote from: VDB on January 08, 2021, 11:56:47 AM
i don't know a goddamned thing about politics, so i apologize if this is a stupid question...but...why are cabinet members resigning?  and how does this effect things?

aren't these real jobs that have work to do?  i know if i just stopped going to my job for 2 weeks, shit would be in disarray.  is this just a symbolic thing?  is this going to negatively effect the transition for the new cabinet members?  are they just jumping ship, so they don't get pulled into a situation where they have to vote to remove Dump?

This is my take on it.

Yep--that's it, 100%. An empty gesture towards "principle" that allows them to evade the question of what to do w/ the problem.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

Quote from: sunrisevt on January 08, 2021, 05:41:02 PM
Quote from: VDB on January 08, 2021, 11:56:47 AM

This is my take on it.

Yep--that's it, 100%. An empty gesture towards "principle" that allows them to evade the question of what to do w/ the problem.

Doubly so as January before inauguration is when they often leave anyway.
The 25th amendment thing would have been tricky given the number of cabinet positions that have been held but folks who are not congressionally confirmed.

Anyway... the federal core is locked down in D.C. like it really has not been even post-9/11.

So, I guess he did it.
He made amurika great again for fascists.

VA $l!m

watching Vice's new doc on Qanon...
its estimated 30 million people in the US now believe in at least some of Qanon's theories.
30 million.
1 out of ten people.
this country is gone off the deep end.
fucking scary how many idiots are running amok.
This election is just the beginning i feel.
It's gonna be a long decade imo.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

Been riveted to the testimony today. Fuck.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 10, 2021, 05:31:14 PM
Been riveted to the testimony today. Fuck.

I watched all day too.

Guys I?m starting to think Trump incited a riot.

mattstick

Rich white guy justice on display right here.

The actions of, and questions provided by the Republicans are an embarrassment to critical thinking.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mattstick on February 12, 2021, 06:21:13 PM

Rich white guy justice on display right here.

The actions of, and questions provided by the Republicans are an embarrassment to critical thinking.

mattstick

FUCK THIS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER BULLSHIT

Shame on the GOP.

antelope19

What a waste of time
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

PIE-GUY

Every now and then something will set me off and I'll write a long diatribe on FB. Happened today:

When these seditious right-wingers refused to convict the racist-in-chief who incited white supremacists to storm the capitol, it should be seen in the exact same light you see every economic policy they promote. It?s all racism as policy. Nothing more, nothing less. It?s pure hatred of non-white humans.

?The civil rights movement, which widened the circle of public beneficiaries and could have heralded a more moral, prosperous nation, wound up diminishing white people?s commitment to the very idea of public goods. In the late 1950s, over two-thirds of white Americans agreed with the now-radical idea that the government ought to guarantee a job for anyone who wants one and ensure a minimum standard of living for everyone in the country. White support for those ideas nose-dived from around 70 to 35 percent from 1960 to 1964, and has remained low ever since...

...White people who exhibit low racial resentment against Black people are 60 percentage points more likely to support increased government spending than are those with high racial resentment. At the base of this resentment is a zero-sum story: the default framework for conservative arguments, rife with references to ?makers and takers,? ?taxpayers and freeloaders.??

When I, personally, say that I choose love, I am specifically against everything the Republican Party stands for. I support progressive policies, candidates, etc.

I often hear ?It?s not enough to be not racist, you must be anti-racist.? This, to me, cannot be limited to your personal day-to-day interactions. To be anti-racist necessarily means supporting universal, government-backed, healthcare. It means supporting a universal living wage. It means supporting a truly progressive tax structure that places the burden of building an equitable and fair society squarely on the shoulders of the wealthy.

I?ve felt this way since I learned enough to think for myself. It?s nice to see research that shows I?m not wrong. Read on:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/13/opinion/race-economy-inequality-civil-rights.html