News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

I've Got a ? Where My ' Should Be

Started by mistercharlie, December 21, 2020, 08:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

So did I get high and miss it or something? I've noticed a lot of posts recently where there is a Question Mark instead of an Apostrophe in words like "I?m" and "didn?t". Is it a running joke that I've missed? It's a hard typo to make.
What's the business?  :?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Yeah that?s what I?m seeing, too. I thought it was a bug.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

It's a bug.

There was another not too long ago. Some sort of charset incompatibility. I see it in some posts but not others.
For example, My post seems fine.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 21, 2020, 09:06:26 AM
It's a bug.

There was another not too long ago. Some sort of charset incompatibility. I see it in some posts but not others.
For example, My post seems fine.

Same, not all posts are showing like that.
I just assumed it was on mine or their ends.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

It only happens when I post from my phone, which is most of the time these days. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

As I guessed earlier that it?s a charset compatibility issue. I?m testing from my up-to-date iPhone to confirm.
Also wonder if other things like ?quotes? work?

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 21, 2020, 11:01:55 AM
As I guessed earlier that it?s a charset compatibility issue. I?m testing from my up-to-date iPhone to confirm.
Also wonder if other things like ?quotes? work?

Well, that does it. iOS issue for sure.

No more contractions, people.

Server team, old but somewhat relevant info here: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=282676.0

WhatstheUse?

I aint gots no need for contraxtions any-who-ways  :crazy:
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 21, 2020, 11:18:57 AM
I aint gots no need for contraxtions any-who-ways  :crazy:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

I was looking into this because I notice it on certain browsers (Edge on Windows, for instance), but not others. I def think it's a UTF error of sorts, but I'm not sure what is wrong.

I can try upgrading the site to a beta of their "new release" 2.1, but I'm a bit worried to do that just for this. I'll keep looking into it to see if we can come up with a solution.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

tet

trying to see if this is fixed for new posts... we'll see
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

PIE-GUY

Quote from: tet on April 25, 2021, 09:29:16 PM
trying to see if this is fixed for new posts... we'll see
look?n good.

ETA. Nope. Still f?d up
I've been coming to where I am from the get go