News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Undermine Podcast

Started by rowjimmy, February 03, 2021, 08:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

For me what really set up '97 were two shows in particular:  10/31/96 and 2/17/97.  The DwD from 10/31/96 was so different, their jamming had become more patient where you can really hear them listening to each other.  The first time I heard that tape, that version it blew me away and I always played it for my friends like you guys need to hear how Phish is playing now.
Fast forward 4-5 months after hearing 2/17/97, we get yet another evolved DwD that has expanded plus a monster jam that involves a new song, Carini followed by more new jamming that up to that point had never been heard.  The jam out of Carini covers 2 or 3 distinct movements including a YEM nirvana like space!  As Trey mentioned it was a continuum. 

Gumbo72203

i threw on the November 92 show that's on LP after the Trey bit about that year.  Wow, he was right.  I've been sleeping on 92.  That shit was amazing. 

I wish we had more of the band talking about shit like this.  I could listen to Trey talk about Fall 97 forever.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again