News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Miles Seaton (ak/ak)

Started by rowjimmy, February 18, 2021, 09:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

So... I just heard that Miles Seaton of Akron/Family has died.
I fucking loved that band so hard.
Miles was kind enough to talk to me when I kept showing up at shows. He asked my opinions and cared what I thought. He was an inspiring musician and he will be missed.

Caravan2001

Bummer....they were great when I saw them.

Hicks

Sucks, they were a great band, one of the best of the 00s.

RIP
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ytowndan

These last 4-5 months I've been on a huge Akron/Fam kick. This really sucks.   :cry:

RIP
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Buffalo Budd

I felt this one like a slug to the gut when I saw some Paug IG posts today.
I feel AK holds a special place for me as I was getting heavily into their stuff leading up to and during our first adoption. I had just seen them in Feb in TO for the first time before I left for Ethiopia.
Not sure why their music spoke to me so strongly at that time but I will never forget how it got me through many a lonely evening living over there for a few months.
Thanks so much Miles for that.

Still one of my all time favourite songs by any artist...

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

cactusfan

Damn. Just saw this. That's awful.

What a great band. Love is Simple just completely floored me when I first heard it. Saw them tour for that album in a little venue in San Francisco, amazing show. What I remember most is that after they left the stage before the encore, the audience just spontaneously starting singing the vocal chant at the beginning of There's So Many Colors, over and over, and the band finally came on stage for the encore, but the audience didn't stop singing. For a moment the band kind of paused, like they assumed we'd stop, and were waiting for us to, but nobody stopped. So they started playing, but not that song, they just started improvising something under the vocals until it became this one big improvised audience/band song totally unrelated to Colors. Then it ended. And they went ahead and played the encore.

rowjimmy

Quote from: cactusfan on March 03, 2021, 03:43:30 PM
Damn. Just saw this. That's awful.

What a great band. Love is Simple just completely floored me when I first heard it. Saw them tour for that album in a little venue in San Francisco, amazing show. What I remember most is that after they left the stage before the encore, the audience just spontaneously starting singing the vocal chant at the beginning of There's So Many Colors, over and over, and the band finally came on stage for the encore, but the audience didn't stop singing. For a moment the band kind of paused, like they assumed we'd stop, and were waiting for us to, but nobody stopped. So they started playing, but not that song, they just started improvising something under the vocals until it became this one big improvised audience/band song totally unrelated to Colors. Then it ended. And they went ahead and played the encore.

Reminds me of seeing them in Philly. one of the most amped crowds I've ever seen. 
Miles even commented on it to me when I spoke to him at a show on the next tour.

They could connect with an audience so easily. Really one of the best bands I've ever seen due, in large part, to that ability to connect.

Gumbo72203

I remember being a bit mystified when you guys were all getting into them heavily 15+ years ago or whatever it was.  And I remember that Ed is a Portal was like their Dark Star. 

Always sucks to lose an important artistic figure. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mbw

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 04, 2021, 01:58:56 PM
I remember being a bit mystified when you guys were all getting into them heavily 15+ years ago or whatever it was.

Uh, you started the thread dude.