News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Dinner and a Movie #32 4/4/98

Started by khalpin, March 27, 2021, 10:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

https://phish.com/news/daam32/

QuoteOur next Dinner And A Movie celebrates Phish?s famed 1998 Island Tour! We?ll be featuring the April 4, 1998 show from Providence Civic Center in Providence, Rhode Island, nearly 23 years to the day. Join us on the couch this coming Tuesday at 8:30pm ET at webcast.livephish.com.

I should probably put in for a PTO day on Wednesday.

VA $l!m

just saw this
still remember how hard this ticket was for the time, and how exciting it was when we actually scored in the lot before the show.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

I had such a bad time at Nassau I skipped these.  In hindsight it was a bad move lol.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 29, 2021, 06:49:55 PM
I had such a bad time at Nassau I skipped these.

Who wouldn't have? Nassau sucked balls.  :-o

I literally travelled across the world for these shows. I was in Australia hanging out with Bear before flying back home for this run and then back Down Under after.   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mattstick

I had such a bad time at Nassau I skipped these.  In hindsight it was a bad move lol.

Ouch. I skipped 4/2 for some unknown reason and I have some regrets.

pcr3

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 29, 2021, 09:00:49 PM
I had such a bad time at Nassau I skipped these.

Who wouldn't have? Nassau sucked balls.  :-o

I literally travelled across the world for these shows. I was in Australia hanging out with Bear before flying back home for this run and then back Down Under after.   

I cannot wait until the next time we're together when I can hear more about this.  :beers:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

jam>

Yes, please tell us more about that

PIE-GUY

Quote from: jam> on March 30, 2021, 03:10:02 PM

Yes, please tell us more about that

I've heard some of these tales - It's funny. the first time we really hung with SF we kinda didn't believe his tall tales. Then we got to know him for real and realized he ain't lyin'
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Tweezer opener, don't get more ser than that! Let's boogie!  :smoke:

ETA: As a person who has never seen live "Trey on drugs" -- It becomes all too obvious when Trey is in his "Trey on Drugs" guitar stance... he just carried himself differently 

ETA2: Trey in full force funk mode  :rawk:
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

anyone else watching? This shit is soo good!  :sbw:
Bring in the dude!

khalpin

Hell yeah, I'm all over this! Top 10 attended. Oh shit you jinxed it...Bouncing

emay

Haven?t listened to that tweezer in a while. Ser biz for sure.
Can?t wait for second set  :banana:

WhatstheUse?

4/4/98 - Providence Civic Center - Providence, RI

Tweezer >
Taste
Bouncing Around the Room
Bring in the dude!

emay

I feel like Trey has more candles than most shows

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: khalpin on March 30, 2021, 09:00:46 PM
Hell yeah, I'm all over this! Top 10 attended. Oh shit you jinxed it...Bouncing

How did you feel about their switch to a funkier sound at the time? Was this you're first witness of that newer sound?
Bring in the dude!