News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Clusterflies - Phish Tribute Album

Started by rowjimmy, April 13, 2021, 12:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Guess you all aren't ready for that yet.
But your kids are gonna love it.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 27, 2021, 12:47:44 PM

Watched that with my 6 yr old this past weekend.
She's hooked.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Gumbo72203

I would have been way more into it if it wasn't billed as "First Tube" i think, because I'm sitting there waiting for something that sounds like First Tube, and it never happens. 

So i'm a bit puzzled by the titling.  Do you have any insight?  Nothing in there ever sounded like First Tube haha
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on April 27, 2021, 02:14:37 PM

I would have been way more into it if it wasn't billed as "First Tube" i think, because I'm sitting there waiting for something that sounds like First Tube, and it never happens. 

So i'm a bit puzzled by the titling.  Do you have any insight?  Nothing in there ever sounded like First Tube haha

They definitely hit on the groove at ~10:30 and mess with it for a minute or two.

anthrax

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 27, 2021, 02:32:37 PM

They definitely hit on the groove at ~10:30 and mess with it for a minute or two.

Makes perfect sense to me...record a 20 minute cover song but only actually play the song for 90 seconds.

kellerb

Quote from: anthrax on April 27, 2021, 05:43:16 PM

Makes perfect sense to me...record a 20 minute cover song but only actually play the song for 90 seconds.

Phish would be horrified at the very idea

rowjimmy

It might make more sense if listening to Ryley Walker was something you might do absent Phish titles.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 27, 2021, 09:45:25 PM

It might make more sense if listening to Ryley Walker was something you might do absent Phish titles.

The only time I've listened to Ryley Walker before this was the collab with Kikagaku Moyo for the album "Deep Fried Grandeur".
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 28, 2021, 09:21:50 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on April 27, 2021, 09:45:25 PM

The only time I've listened to Ryley Walker before this was the collab with Kikagaku Moyo for the album "Deep Fried Grandeur".
That rendition isn't making me dig deeper into his catalog.  On a positive note, I did enjoy Mtns in the Mist.

mbw

That's the best one so far.

rowjimmy

GBL

I can't believe any of you would HATE that, and I seriously question your music tastes if so

Like, do you even Phish, bro?
If this is love, I'm never going home..

cactusfan

I like that First Tube just fine. Better than the Piper. Which is okay, but Forsyth's own stuff is so much better.

Was also surprised I didn't like William Tyler's Josie Wales. I like his own stuff a lot, but this feels kind of stiff and forced. Shows how good Trey is at making complicated pieces sound fluid and simple.