News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Tour Opener Calls

Started by WhatstheUse?, May 11, 2021, 09:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

A new song ushering in a new era of Phish, 4.0! 

Hicks

Quote from: susep on May 14, 2021, 08:13:03 PM

Please no.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Bobafett

Quote from: Hicks on May 14, 2021, 08:20:39 PM

Please no.

Surely they won?t.

I?m thinking they want to go big and celebrate, so YEM
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

tet

YEM is a solid call.

as for a pool, i'm not a scholar in these matters, but my faith in section 230 does not give me the confidence to have that discussion... um... here.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

emay

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Caravan2001

Quote from: tet on May 14, 2021, 10:49:12 PM
YEM is a solid call.

as for a pool, i'm not a scholar in these matters, but my faith in section 230 does not give me the confidence to have that discussion... um... here.

Got it...let's just scrap it.  Anyway, isn't section 230 the place with the amazing chicken sandwiches?

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

kellerb

bag, llama, then a very concise tube

khalpin

Quote from: cactusfan on May 14, 2021, 06:24:30 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 14, 2021, 02:07:03 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 12, 2021, 11:16:08 PM
It will not be a cover.

Calling Tube.

"Paranoid, the doctor ran. . ."

This is my wife's call as well, for the lines "But rather give myself to science, I felt that I could help, To science, I felt that I can help"

I have yet to make my prediction.  Of all the ones posited in this thread, I think Everything's Right has the best odds.  It's a tough call for sure.  I think very few people picked Fluffhead or Piper for the last two comeback shows.

Not that anyone else has reason to remember this, but back in early '09 (or late '08?) I started the "what's going to be the first song back" thread by predicting Fluffhead. Because it was obviously going to be Fluffhead. It seemed to me. No idea about this one yet...

I do remember that....
https://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=10076.msg231981#msg231981

susep

Quote from: Hicks on May 14, 2021, 08:20:39 PM

Please no.

Set Your Mask Free?   :-D

tet

fuck the FCC or whoever thinks they have jurisdiction over this first amendment website.

any song featuring or even referencing "love", "ocean", or "soul" is paying 3 to 5
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mbw

Set I:  First Tube
Set II: Timber
E: Amazing Grace

cactusfan

Quote from: khalpin on May 16, 2021, 05:20:48 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on May 14, 2021, 06:24:30 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 14, 2021, 02:07:03 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 12, 2021, 11:16:08 PM
It will not be a cover.

Calling Tube.

"Paranoid, the doctor ran. . ."

This is my wife's call as well, for the lines "But rather give myself to science, I felt that I could help, To science, I felt that I can help"

I have yet to make my prediction.  Of all the ones posited in this thread, I think Everything's Right has the best odds.  It's a tough call for sure.  I think very few people picked Fluffhead or Piper for the last two comeback shows.

Not that anyone else has reason to remember this, but back in early '09 (or late '08?) I started the "what's going to be the first song back" thread by predicting Fluffhead. Because it was obviously going to be Fluffhead. It seemed to me. No idea about this one yet...

I do remember that....
https://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=10076.msg231981#msg231981

Glad to know my fame lives on!

Meanwhile... could it be as obvious as Party Time? Not the song anyone's dying to hear as the opener. But that just might make it all the more likely.

susep

In all likelihood it'll be something none of us can conceive like the Shake Your Coconuts BD Run opener from 7/21/17.