News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Halloween 2021 Spectulation

Started by GBL, May 19, 2021, 08:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, he said... again.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: tet on May 19, 2021, 11:45:26 PM
I dunno. maybe Beck - Midnite Vultures, just because they could.

Oh shit, that would be such a party.  :banana:
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 20, 2021, 11:12:05 AM
Quote from: tet on May 19, 2021, 11:45:26 PM
I dunno. maybe Beck - Midnite Vultures, just because they could.

Oh shit, that would be such a party.  :banana:

Definitely my favorite Beck album.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Since I'm fantasizing about going, that means they'll alternate back to a cover album to spite me. I love Ziggy but would have traded my proverbial left nut to have seen Kasvot Vaxt instead.
Is this still Wombat?

Superfreakie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 20, 2021, 06:26:12 AM
I think they have a double-album worth of new material we're gonna hear on that night.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rawk: :phish:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Superfreakie on May 20, 2021, 12:05:17 PM
I think they have a double-album worth of new material we're gonna hear on that night.

I'd be cool with that but I feel like Trey's not gonna be able to wait that long.

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 20, 2021, 12:06:23 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on May 20, 2021, 12:05:17 PM

I'd be cool with that but I feel like Trey's not gonna be able to wait that long.

Exactly. We're going to hear a lot of new songs long before october.

mistercharlie

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that for Halloween this year they will finally play Gamehendge again. Complete with costumed actors dancing out the story. I'd say there's a real nice 0.01% chance of it happening.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

GBL

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 20, 2021, 03:31:18 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that for Halloween this year they will finally play Gamehendge again. Complete with costumed actors dancing out the story. I'd say there's a real nice 0.01% chance of it happening.

Would watch, even better if it's (on) ice  :smoke:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

emay

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 20, 2021, 03:31:18 PM

I have been thinking they will do this at some point after the whole Broadway 'Hands On a Hardbody' phase. Would be awesome this year. I was thinking it would be a NYE set kinda like the "JEMP Truck" set but Halloween makes sense too. We can hope!

anthrax

totally gonna be a classic rock cover album.  old school. 

PIE-GUY

honestly, I'm hoping for a Bob Dylan album. There are so many to choose from.

Right now I'm listening to Street Legal from 1978. It would be so fucking great. Lots of space for big Phishy jams. Great gospel backup vocals that the three ladies who sang on the Bowie set could kill. Plus most people won't know it well...it's like Kasvot Vaxt all over again. "Is this really a Dylan album or are they just fucking with us again?"
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

cactusfan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 25, 2021, 11:59:31 AM

Right now I'm listening to Street Legal from 1978. It would be so fucking great. Lots of space for big Phishy jams. Great gospel backup vocals that the three ladies who sang on the Bowie set could kill. Plus most people won't know it well...it's like Kasvot Vaxt all over again. "Is this really a Dylan album or are they just fucking with us again?"

Dylan is a good call. His 80th bday year. They could play John Wesley Harding and do for the rest of the album what Hendrix did for Watchtower.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: cactusfan on May 25, 2021, 12:17:09 PM

Dylan is a good call. His 80th bday year. They could play John Wesley Harding and do for the rest of the album what Hendrix did for Watchtower.

I'm sayin'.  If they put as much time into reimagining a Dylan album as they did creating Thrilling/Chilling or Kasvot... it would be fucking amazing!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 25, 2021, 12:28:42 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on May 25, 2021, 12:17:09 PM

I'm sayin'.  If they put as much time into reimagining a Dylan album as they did creating Thrilling/Chilling or Kasvot... it would be fucking amazing!

Totally not gonna happen but they should play Desire so we can all get "Hurricane" in our 50% club stat block.