News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish - June/July 1995 Redux

Started by susep, June 06, 2021, 08:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

:phish:
Wednesday, June 7, 1995
BSU Pavilion, Boise, ID

Source: AKG 398s > OADE M118 > Sony SBM-1 > Sony D7
Transfer: DAT > CD via D8 > HHb Burn It
Taped and transfered by "Meatball"
Conversion: CD(.wav) > EAC > CDWave > .shn(mkwACT)
Done by Adam Heckelsmiller

Disc 1
Set I

01. Possum, (12:48)
02. Weigh, (05:05)
03. Taste*, (07:11)
04. Strange Design, (02:53)
05. Stash, (12:20)
06. If I Could > (07:25)
07. Scent of a Mule, (08:50)
08. Wedge, (04:24)
09. Funky Bitch, (05:37)
10. Slave to the Traffic Light (10:52)
Total Time: (77:29)

Disc 2
Set II

01. Ha Ha Ha > (02:07)
02. Maze, (10:08)
03. Spock's Brain (05:19)
04. Theme From the Bottom, (12:33)
05. HYHU > Lonesome Cowboy Bill, (05:59)
06. Acoustic Army*, (04:02)
07. Sample in a Jar, (05:13)
08. Harry Hood, (14:15)
09. Suzie Greenburg (05:57)
Encore (Crownd noised faded when transfered to CD)
10. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (06:36)
Total Time: (72:13)

Tour openers can be hit or miss or in between.  This show was a hit and then some.  After a five month break from touring, Phish was back on the road in all places, Boise, ID.  They sound like a well oiled machine.  High energy playing by everyone.  Theme, for only a second ever version has a great, dark, dissonant jam.  Hood is simply majestic, a truly top shelf version.  Page absolutely crushes Suzy before Trey brings his A game in WMGGW, lots of screaming bends coupled with driving sustain and vibrato.  A gem from the Gem State.       

khalpin

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

I like that he used man actual photo from the day of the show.

jam>

I did the first 4 shows of this tour (and the last 4). I don't remember a ton about the show except that it was high energy, but I do remember driving my friend's Yugo to the show, and running over a freshly killed deer - kind of like running over a hockey bag in a golf cart at 70 mph. We were hangin in the lot all day, and everybodys' dogs were licking the carnage off the front axels of the car.

mattstick

Never saw Phish at the BSU Pavillion, but I did see Shaquille O'Neal with LSU in the 1992 NCAA tournament there.

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 07, 2021, 09:05:19 AM
I like that he used man actual photo from the day of the show.

:-D
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

emay

Quote from: mattstick on June 07, 2021, 09:24:39 AM
Never saw Phish at the BSU Pavillion, but I did see Shaquille O'Neal with LSU in the 1992 NCAA tournament there.

Thats epic.

Caravan2001

Quote from: jam> on June 07, 2021, 09:07:08 AM
I did the first 4 shows of this tour (and the last 4). I don't remember a ton about the show except that it was high energy, but I do remember driving my friend's Yugo to the show, and running over a freshly killed deer - kind of like running over a hockey bag in a golf cart at 70 mph. We were hangin in the lot all day, and all everybodys' dogs were licking the carnage off the front axels of the car.

:-o

justjezmund

This thread is gunna be a run ride.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

jam>

Thursday, June 8th 1995
THE DELTA CENTER
Salt Lake City, UT
Soundcheck: Prince Caspian, Mound, Wishing Well, The Asse Festival, Jam

SET 1: Don't You Want To Go?, Ha Ha Ha > Runaway Jim > Guelah Papyrus, Mound, Fast Enough for You, Reba[1], Prince Caspian[2], Chalk Dust Torture

SET 2: Simple > Rift > Free > Bouncing Around the Room > Tweezer -> Lifeboy > Poor Heart > Julius

ENCORE: Good Times Bad Times

[1] No whistling.
[2] Debut.

Runaway Jim contained Third Stone from the Sun teases. Reba did not have the whistling ending. This show marked the debut of Prince Caspian. Page teased The Sabre Dance in Tweezer. This gig was originally scheduled for the outdoor Wolf Mountain Amphitheatre in Park City; due to a late spring snowstorm, the day before the show took place it was moved to the indoor Delta Center.

khalpin

susep

:phish:
June 8th, 1995
The Delta Center

Salt Lake City, Utah

Source: AKG 460B > CK6 > DAT > CDR > EAC > SHN
Eac'd by: James Dunnican  (jdunnican@earthlink.net)
(any taper info please email to correct the source)

Disc 1  Set 1:
----------------
1. Don't You Wanna Go
2. Ha, Ha, Ha
3. Runaway Jim
4. Geulah Papyrus
5. Mound
6. Fast Enough
7. Reba
8. Prince Caspien *
9. Chaulkdust Torture

Disc 2  Set 2:
----------------
1. Simple
2. Rift
3. Free
4. Bouncin'
5. Tweezer >
6. Lifeboy
7. Poor Heart
8. Julius
9. crowd noise
10 E: Good Times Bad Times

* = 1st time played
This show was moved from Wolf Mountain Amphiteater in Park City due to snowy weather.

Solid first set.  Don?t You Wanna Go > Ha, Ha, Ha > Jim is fine opening triple.  Jim in particular sounds manic, exploratory.  Reba continues the trend of transcendent versions in ?95 out of the two versions played.  Even with a truncated peak its an incredible version.  We get a little zen w/ the Caspian debut.  Chalk Dust rekindles the manic energy of Jim, Trey?s thirty-two second long note is notable.  Incredible version.
An experimental second set anchored by another exploratory Tweezer like its Fall ?94 brethren.  I heard at least 4 or five cool downs before the energy got cranked up again.  Free was a nice reading for a second ever version.  Mike sounding very much like he did at Lowell, solid.  Everything else was played superbly. 

birdman

Probably the weakest  show of summer 95 IMO. Show was moved to Salt Lake City from wolf mountain due to inclement ?snow? weather. They curtained off the upper deck of the venue. I remember being surrounded by Deadheads who were making their way out East. They were not Impressed by what they saw. They did however bring their drugs to phish lot and I?m thankful for that.
Paug FTMFW!

Superfreakie

Quote from: birdman on June 08, 2021, 09:27:40 PM
I remember being surrounded by Deadheads who were making their way out East. They were not Impressed by what they saw.

I was impressed. We had just done the three night GD run at Shoreline that bookended their north to south West Coast swing. Should have stayed on Phish tour and completed the summer. But instead did Vermont, Knick, RFK, Palace. Choices.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.