News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Goose

Started by anthrax, July 11, 2021, 05:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

mopper_smurf

QuoteI haven't locked this thread yet?
 :-P

Go for it.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

WhatstheUse?

So....not hatin' on the music itself..... just a general thing I noticed... why do they have a percussionist if they don't include him in the mix? If I wasn't watching a video, I would think it's one drummer. Even watching the video...He's BARELY audible.... in a few moments, a shaker or tambo pops out but he's nearly inaudible most of the time. And it's not just this particular mix. I don't get it.
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

That crowd is bonkers for an 'up and coming' band.
I dare say these guys have surpassed UM, moe. and Bisco as far as popularity goes.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

QuoteThat crowd is bonkers for an 'up and coming' band.
I dare say these guys have surpassed UM, moe. and Bisco as far as popularity goes.
Maybe not moe. yet, lets wait until Goose has their own 'Festival Circuit' like moe. does.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Apparently Goose and UM overlapped at 420Fest last weekend. Joel from UM noted on Twitter that their audience thinned considerably for their second set which was when Goose started up on another stage.

I think he was exaggerating to a degree but folks in the replies did notice the increased dancing space.

shoreline99

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 04, 2022, 09:12:19 AM
QuoteThat crowd is bonkers for an 'up and coming' band.
Maybe not moe. yet, lets wait until Goose has their own 'Festival Circuit' like moe. does.

Definitely not moe., imho. They're from CT, my wife tells me we did see them a few years ago at a small summer fest in Stamford but obviously they didn't make an impact in my memory.

Happy for any band to succeed though, for sure

EDIT/
Look at that setlist! the Pina Colada song!

Goose
Mill River Park
Stamford, CT
June 21, 2018
Source: SBD > Sony M10
1 set

01 Arcadia
02 Liza Jane
03 Butter rum
04 Me and Julio (Paul Simon cover)
05 Madhuven
06 Doc Brown
07 No rain (Blind Melon cover)
08 So ready
09 Escape (The pina colada song)
10 All I need
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

WhatstheUse?

Oh they are unquestionably crushing it right now as a band/business. Lot's of buzz and lots of new fans.
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

They seem to have taken Dopapod's spot as the 'next big thing'.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 04, 2022, 05:37:44 PMThey seem to have taken Dopapod's spot as the 'next big thing'.

Didn't Dopapod take that spot from Spafford?  Or was it from Big Something? 

Hicks

Lol Dopapod were never a "big thing".

Don't get me wrong, good band but they never even made it to theaters. They also went on hiatus in 2019 and then planned to come back in 2020, so yeah massive fail. 

Anyway, if Goose is stealing anyones thunder it's Twiddle.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

QuoteLol Dopapod were never a "big thing".

Don't get me wrong, good band but they never even made it to theaters. They also went on hiatus in 2019 and then planned to come back in 2020, so yeah massive fail. 

Oh yeah, I had done such a good job of erasing Twiddle from my mind that I actually forgot they exist.

shoreline99

Quote from: Hicks on May 04, 2022, 11:31:50 PMLol Dopapod were never a "big thing".

That would be my comparison as well
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

WhatstheUse?

Weirdly enough, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong has actually gotten even bigger than both Twiddle & Dopapod.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 05, 2022, 11:16:25 AMWeirdly enough, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong has actually gotten even bigger than both Twiddle & Dopapod.
Yeah they are still a notch below Goose but seem to be heading that direction.

Mind bottling, they are so terrible. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.