News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Goose

Started by anthrax, July 11, 2021, 05:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 05, 2022, 11:16:25 AMWeirdly enough, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong has actually gotten even bigger than both Twiddle & Dopapod.

Jiggle the Handle poised for a comeback

mistercharlie

QuoteWeirdly enough, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong has actually gotten even bigger than both Twiddle & Dopapod.

Jiggle the Handle poised for a comeback
I want my Ominous Seapods.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Has Twiddle fallen off or is PPPP actually big now? Glad to say I guess it's all escaped my attention.

Dopapod is too weird to be big. Big Something is probably too stuck in between being too jammy and not jammy enough.

I had the same thought about the Goose percussionist after watching some random stream not long ago. Is he simply a friend of theirs, a holdover from when they were playing Local Ale House but now he's not actually good enough to include in the mix?
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

It's actually the opposite... they added him just a few years ago. I think they were already starting to get big before he joined.
Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 05, 2022, 08:40:46 PMI want my Ominous Seapods.

Did you listen to the last Seapods show?  We're so lucky to have them here in Albany all the time now.  Brian and Tom live here.  I see them all the time.  It's amazing. 

Did you ever hear us do Blackberry Brandy?

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 06, 2022, 02:56:29 PMIt's actually the opposite... they added him just a few years ago. I think they were already starting to get big before he joined.

Yeah they were definitely on their way up before Jeff joined.  I agree about his mix level... you can barely hear him sometimes.  Most times, I guess.  I like it when I can hear him. 

He came along in 2020.  Used to do upright bass for acoustic sets with them, and I guess he lives/lived with Rick and Peter.  Something like that. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mistercharlie

I first heard Ominous Seapods when I got a moe. show in a B&P transaction from the back pages of Relix back I the 90's. The filler on the last side of the last tape of the show had part of an OS show. The dude threw in an extra tape with the rest of the OS show on it. There's one song that stands out in my head all these years later. Theme For Another Enlightened Rogue. I loved that song!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

QuoteIt's actually the opposite... they added him just a few years ago. I think they were already starting to get big before he joined.

Yeah they were definitely on their way up before Jeff joined.  I agree about his mix level... you can barely hear him sometimes.  Most times, I guess.  I like it when I can hear him. 

He came along in 2020.  Used to do upright bass for acoustic sets with them, and I guess he lives/lived with Rick and Peter.  Something like that. 

The mystery deepens.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Apparently Trey sat in for an entire set at Radio City Music Hall tonight.

Bring in the dude!

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

WhatstheUse?

Annnnnnnnnnnd I'm jealous.

This has to be backed by Shapiro, right? The last time Trey sat in for an entire set was Layla w/ DTB.
Bring in the dude!

emay

mistercharlie

Welp, looks like I'm going to be giving Goose another listen. Anyone seen the whole set out there yet?

cactusfan

Huh. I can't quite put my finger on what's happening here, but it's as though with Trey playing guitar this band sounds better than without Trey playing guitar.

cactusfan

Quote from: cactusfan on June 26, 2022, 10:52:17 PMHuh. I can't quite put my finger on what's happening here, but it's as though with Trey playing guitar this band sounds better than without Trey playing guitar.

Yet trying to sit through that whole 38 min clip, I'm still nodding off. This band is weirdly boring.

mistercharlie