News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

TAB New Bassist and Fall Tour '21

Started by mistercharlie, July 13, 2021, 02:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

New Bassist:
QuoteI?m thrilled to welcome the incredible Dezron Douglas to TAB. A longtime friend and collaborator of virtually every member of the band, Dezron is a master of reggae, funk and jazz bass. Russ, Ray, Dezron and I had some deep jams in the city recently, and Dezron?s playing is pure flow, heart, spirit and soul. We all can?t wait to get out on the road together. Thank you Dezron, Welcome to the Band! See you all soon! Trey

Fall '21 dates:

QuoteTrey Anastasio Band will make its long-awaited return to the road with an upcoming series of live dates. Presale tickets will be available through a real-time presale beginning Wed, July 14 at 12pm ET and ending Thu, July 15 at 5pm ET: http://treytickets.shop.ticketstoday.com/. Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Fri, July 16 starting at 10am ET at trey.com/tour.

Sep 17 ? Portland, ME ? Thompson?s Point
Sep 18 ? Boston, MA ? Leader Bank Pavilion
Sep 19 ? New Haven, CT ? Westville Music Bowl
Sep 21 ? Philadelphia, PA ? The Met
Sep 22 ? Charlottesville, VA ? Ting Pavilion
Sep 24 ? Wilmington, NC ? Riverfront Park Amphitheater
Sep 25 ? Charlotte, NC ? Charlotte Metro Credit Union Amphitheatre
Sep 26 ? Asheville, NC ? Rabbit Rabbit
Sep 28 ? Columbus, OH ? Express Live Outdoors
Sep 29 ? Pittsburgh, PA ? Stage AE Outdoors
Oct 01 ? Washington, DC ? Anthem
Oct 02 ? New York, NY ? Radio City Music Hall
Oct 03 ? New York, NY ? Radio City Music Hall

https://treytickets.shop.ticketstoday.com/calendar.aspx

Also... Burn It Down on vinyl official announcement and link to pre-order: https://treyanastasio.shop.musictoday.com/product/T5LP13

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Guess I'm gonna hit that Charlottesville show...

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 13, 2021, 03:38:14 PM

Thought about that one....
i'd love to see that Wilmington spot.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

WhatstheUse?

Rad. Im unfamiliar with this bass player - I wonder if his playing will resemble Tonys style or hell do his own thing completely. Tony definitely laid down the back bone for Trey to solo over, and purposely kinda kept everything type 1 - interested to see if TaB strays away from that?
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on July 13, 2021, 04:32:32 PM

Pics from that Wilmington venue are amazing!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: anthrax on July 13, 2021, 07:39:26 PM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on July 13, 2021, 04:32:32 PM

Pics from that Wilmington venue are amazing!

i know!!!
and it's only a little over 2 hours!!!  :crazy:
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

PIE-GUY

Was curious to see Dezron play some bass so I did some sleuthing. Check this out - bonus that J-Ha absolutely kills with a some of the best scatting I've ever seen toward the end of this one:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

tet

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 14, 2021, 06:47:06 AM
Was curious to see Dezron play some bass so I did some sleuthing. Check this out - bonus that J-Ha absolutely kills with a some of the best scatting I've ever seen toward the end of this one:

holy shit that is so good. looking forward to this new lineup!!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VDB

100 miles (Charlotte) is outside my TAB range but I am v. interested to see this new guy. Tickets will probably be $300.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Copped my Charlottesville tickets.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: VDB on July 14, 2021, 12:03:40 PM
100 miles (Charlotte) is outside my TAB range but I am v. interested to see this new guy. Tickets will probably be $300.

Charlotte is about 4 hours for me... that's why i'm wanting to do Wilmington; little over 2.
gonna try to get tickets this evening but i'm worried about that price being the issue, too.

ETA: $80 for a lawn seat... venue is beautiful. got my tickets :)

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 14, 2021, 02:45:45 PM
Copped my Charlottesville tickets.

NICE!!!

tet

got tix for both nights at Radio City - that's gonna be FUN!!  :crazy:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Buffalo Budd

I'm debating Portland at 400m from Moncton, NB.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

birdman

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 14, 2021, 09:50:34 PM

I'm debating Portland at 400m from Moncton, NB.
an easy drive from anywhere
Paug FTMFW!