News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

TAB New Bassist and Fall Tour '21

Started by mistercharlie, July 13, 2021, 02:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: birdman on July 14, 2021, 10:07:21 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 14, 2021, 09:50:34 PM
Quote from: VDB on July 14, 2021, 12:03:40 PM
100 miles (Charlotte) is outside my TAB range but I am v. interested to see this new guy. Tickets will probably be $300.

I'm debating Portland at 400m from Moncton, NB.
an easy drive from anywhere

If it was Phish, total no brainer.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on July 14, 2021, 03:35:44 PM
Quote from: VDB on July 14, 2021, 12:03:40 PM
100 miles (Charlotte) is outside my TAB range but I am v. interested to see this new guy. Tickets will probably be $300.

Charlotte is about 4 hours for me... that's why i'm wanting to do Wilmington; little over 2.
gonna try to get tickets this evening but i'm worried about that price being the issue, too.

ETA: $80 for a lawn seat... venue is beautiful. got my tickets :)

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 14, 2021, 02:45:45 PM
Copped my Charlottesville tickets.

NICE!!!

Charlottesville tickets were, after fees, 62bucks.

WhatstheUse?

Did you end up hitting the show last night, RJ? Im interested to hear how this new bass player jives with the band.
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

New bass player is outstanding. He lays the steady groove where you expect it (Sand for example) but he's not afraid to fill. That said, he's still got charts so, I expect he'll grow further into the role.
Honestly, the show was great.
Rocked with Barnesy & Blat and aside from Ghost being a little off the show was terrific.

Blat shot this clip of Carini that I tweeted this morning:
https://twitter.com/rowj/status/1441044040020070405

VDB

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 23, 2021, 11:27:06 AMNew bass player is outstanding. He lays the steady groove where you expect it (Sand for example) but he's not afraid to fill.

I've been listening here and there on LP and I'll co-sign this. Dezron sounds Tonyesque in ways but original in others. The band sounds pretty good.
Is this still Wombat?

alcoholandcoffeebeans

excited for Wilmington tomorrow night... been seeing nothing but good about these shows.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

anthrax

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 23, 2021, 11:27:06 AMNew bass player is outstanding. He lays the steady groove where you expect it (Sand for example) but he's not afraid to fill. That said, he's still got charts so, I expect he'll grow further into the role.
Honestly, the show was great.
Rocked with Barnesy & Blat and aside from Ghost being a little off the show was terrific.

Blat shot this clip of Carini that I tweeted this morning:
https://twitter.com/rowj/status/1441044040020070405
GAH and Bobby were there too. Sorry you all missed each other.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

WhatstheUse?

Nice, glad to hear y'all had a good time. I look forward to hearing some of this new bassist...

Also... this Carini has a swung feel to it? Alright then!
Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Quote from: antelope19 on September 23, 2021, 06:34:02 PMGAH and Bobby were there too. Sorry you all missed each other.

HOOoooold up.

Is that Uncle Eb? Or who?

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: sunrisevt on September 23, 2021, 10:54:48 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on September 23, 2021, 06:34:02 PMGAH and Bobby were there too. Sorry you all missed each other.

HOOoooold up.

yes.
yes it is.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

rowjimmy

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on September 23, 2021, 11:45:33 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on September 23, 2021, 10:54:48 PM

HOOoooold up.

yes.
yes it is.

Sorry I missed them. We did see Phil, though.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sunrisevt

Just announced a few hours ago: Jenn tested positive so the horn section's bowing out for the rest of the tour.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.