News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

TAB New Bassist and Fall Tour '21

Started by mistercharlie, July 13, 2021, 02:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

yeah - this looks like a winner...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Buffalo Budd

Dat first set  :o
So great having Trey get his mojo back.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Daaaaaaammn. I wouldn't complain if a phish show looked just like that.
Bring in the dude!

cactusfan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 30, 2021, 09:56:29 AMDaaaaaaammn. I wouldn't complain if a phish show looked just like that.

It almost does. Does Trey even play TAB songs anymore?

emay

QuoteDaaaaaaammn. I wouldn't complain if a phish show looked just like that.
Right, stoked to listen. These last couple shows with Fishman should bode well for Fall tour in a couple weeks. 

tet

i'm not even done with the first set and this is super good... such a fun dynamic on stage. can't wait for Radio City!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

jasonsobel

Quote from: cactusfan on September 30, 2021, 10:19:52 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 30, 2021, 09:56:29 AMDaaaaaaammn. I wouldn't complain if a phish show looked just like that.

Am I the only one who still considers Gotta Jibboo, Plasma, and First Tube TAB songs?
sing me back home before I die

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: jasonsobel on September 30, 2021, 06:25:58 PM

Am I the only one who still considers Gotta Jibboo, Plasma, and First Tube TAB songs?

Plasma obviously but my first experience with the other 2 were on Farmhouse.
I get that he may have wrote them with TAB.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

jasonsobel

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 30, 2021, 06:47:00 PM
Quote from: jasonsobel on September 30, 2021, 06:25:58 PM

Plasma obviously but my first experience with the other 2 were on Farmhouse.
I get that he may have wrote them with TAB.

Not just wrote them with TAB, but also performed with TAB first, on the May '99 tour (well technically, "First Tube" debuted with 8 Ft Fluorescent Tubes the year before).  Phish started playing the Trey material from the acoustic sets during the Summer 99 tour, but Phish didn't play any of the new Trey stuff from the electric sets until Fall 99.  I only saw one show on that first May 99 tour (and what a great tour that was), but I always associate those songs with TAB first.

In any case, I'm just digging into this show now - looking forward to checking it out this evening.
sing me back home before I die

Hicks

Fish obviously either didn't have time or want to learn any TAB material, so they stuck with stuff he already knows. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

QuoteFish obviously either didn't have time or want to learn any TAB material, so they stuck with stuff he already knows. 
This is the recipe for a good show!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."