October 18, 2021, 02:29:10 AM

News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

2021/07/30 - Oak Mountain Amphitheatre - Pelham, AL - Post Show Discussion

Started by Hicks, July 30, 2021, 08:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

:phish:
7-30-21
Oak Mountain Amphitheater
Pelham, AL

Set I: Moma Dance > Sigma Oasis, Back on the Train, Dirt, The Final Hurrah, Funky Bitch, Ghost, Driver, The Wedge, Walls of the Cave

Set II: Evening Song, Carini > Martian Monster, Golden Age > Mountains in the Mist, Blaze On, Harry Hood

Encore: Yarmouth Road, Gumbo, Character Zero
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Definitely start with Carini if you're looking for Cliff Notes, but everything in set I was well played that I heard and Ghost had a nice microjam.

Missed Golden Age, looking forward to checking that out too.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

YO! Now we?re talking! That was a big improvement all around from Arkansas. Trey was sounding all sorts of nimble last night! Carini was def the business and a few other solid micro jams throughout.

Even with a good amount of new songs sprinkled throughout, they didn?t feel too forced. Not sure about evening song opening set 2 but whatevs.

The venue was pretty chill once inside but a total unorganized cluterfuck otherwise. Cops everywhere. No shakedown. No signs telling you where to go. Had to wait and hour in the car line to park, PAID $20 to park?. Then once literally already in the lot, someone said it was full and directed us out of the lot but didn?t give us anywhere to go. I was pissed lol. Then had to wait another hour standing in a mob of people trying to all fit into a 10ft wide entrance.  It was like no one at this venue had ever been to another venue and seen how other places do it correctly. Alabama, lol.
Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

They're sounding a lot better already.  I even enjoyed Blaze On.  I like the setlists so far, lots of surprises.  Hood was a bit too short, but had lots of cool ideas.  I like Trey's new rig a lot too, i've hated most of his tone 3.0 but I'm really, really enjoying it now. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 03:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 04:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Caravan2001

Missed most of the first set but watched the second.  Loved it, with carini the obv high point.  Gonna spin up the LP right now.  We're back!  Bodes well for rest of the summer.

Hicks

Love Driver so much, kind of an underrated tune, classic Marshall lyrics. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on July 31, 2021, 01:21:17 PM

Probably some of my favorite Marshall lyrics. I've used that song to describe my feelings more times than I care to count.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 01, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Always down with Moma Dance regardless of position.  Funky Bitch was a nice version, Page and Trey both play great.  Carini definitely is meaty, when Trey stops soloing and chords more, the music opens up nicely.  The outro space is cool also.  Gumbo was fun esp with a Yarmouth Road spin in Page?s solo section.  Mike also hits some great lines.  Nice work Phish.   

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on July 31, 2021, 01:21:17 PM

Classic Phish, imo. Always extra pumped to hear that tune.
Bring in the dude!