News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2021/8/31-9/1 - Shoreline Amp, Mountainview, CA (was Harveys, Stateline, NV)

Started by cactusfan, August 06, 2021, 12:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

QuoteSomeone above suggested moving the shows to October... Apparently the snow begins in October up there?
Might be a bit chilly for an outdoor gig.

There will be no snow in early october. If there's skiing at Thanksgiving, it's a banner year for snow. But come to think of it, it might get pretty cold by then. I guess standing outside in mid 50s temps or so might be pushing it. Sigh. I just want me some Tahoe Phish. Is that so much to ask of this lousy world?

Red Rocks has shows into mid November and one usually in January, and you definitely need to bundle up for ones past end of Sept. Shit I went to a show in April once and it snowed lol.
Per Accuweather: Lake Tahoe Weather mid Oct 53-67 Highs, 32-43 Lows, not terrible tbh.

WhatstheUse?

What a bummer that'd be if these get cancelled. Everyone's so worried about covid cancelling tour we nearly forgot the world is burning too.
Bring in the dude!

emay

Rumor is these might be moved to Greek Theater Berkeley. 

cactusfan

Quote from: emay on August 25, 2021, 04:36:21 PMRumor is these might be moved to Greek Theater Berkeley.

Now THAT is the kind of rumor I can get behind. Tahoe is awesome. But the Greek is a ten minute drive from my house.

WhatstheUse?

I was a fan of the 5 nights at Dick's rumor, personally  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

emay

QuoteRumor is these might be moved to Greek Theater Berkeley.

Now THAT is the kind of rumor I can get behind. Tahoe is awesome. But the Greek is a ten minute drive from my house.

Would be tight!

WhatstheUse?

Yeah, jokes aside. The Greek is the best. Truly one of my absolute favorite phish venue experiences ever. I'd be sad to miss it.
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Well...
It ain't Berkeley.

https://phish.com/news/summer-tour-stateline-nv-update/

QuoteDue to the hazardous conditions caused by wildfires in the area, we are sorry to announce that Phish's shows at the Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena in Stateline, NV on August 31 and September 1 will not take place as planned. The band will instead play two shows at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA on the same dates.
Tickets for the Lake Tahoe shows will automatically be honored on their respective days at Shoreline. Seating at these shows will be general admission, and please note different timing: 5:30pm Doors / 7pm Show. If you purchased from an authorized ticket sales channel (Ticketmaster, Phish Tickets, CID or venue websites) you will have until 5pm PT on Saturday, August 28 to request a refund. These ticketing partners will be contacting all buyers tomorrow with further instructions. Tickets to the Shoreline shows will go on sale tomorrow, August 26 at 12pm PT at ticketmaster.com. Please be sure to review Shoreline's COVID policies.
All donations to the WaterWheel Foundation at these shows will benefit the Caldor Fire Fund at the El Dorado County Community Foundation. All donations to that fund go directly to those impacted by the fire.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

QuoteGA Shoreline?

That's kinda crazy. 
Yeah. That sounds... AWESOME! 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

cactusfan

The Greek would have been better.
Also better would have been if they didn't sell more tickets.
GA Shoreline at half capacity would have been nice. Especially given covid.
But anyway... Phish! Yay!

WhatstheUse?

Oof. Shoreline ain't the Greek that's for sure. I wonder what the attendance will look like especially seeing that the fall tour openers are in SF.

I feel for Tahoe locals and really anyone who was planning on hitting these shows. Shoreline isn't exactly that close to Tahoe - I'm sure a solid percentage of people who were planning to hit Tahoe won't be able to make these now
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Lotta scrambling for flights over night.
I've yet to see anyone outright declare that they won't be able to attend, though.

emay

oof. yeah definitely not the same but at least they are still playing shows. GA Pav show sounds pretty fun too. Definitely feel for all the Tahoe locals that were ready for hometown shows. 

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.