October 18, 2021, 03:14:10 AM

News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

2021/08/08 - Deer Creek Music Center - Noblesville, IN - Post-Show Talk

Started by VDB, August 09, 2021, 08:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Soundcheck: Julius, Leaves (soundcheck possibly incomplete)

SET 1: Sigma Oasis, The Curtain > Mike's Song > My Soul, Weekapaug Groove, Mercury > 46 Days > Taste, Casual Enlightenment*, David Bowie

SET 2: Bathtub Gin > Waves -> Ghost > Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley -> Twenty Years Later -> Waste > Twist -> Makisupa Policeman > Twist -> Makisupa Policeman -> Twist, Most Events Aren't Planned > More > Bathtub Gin

ENCORE: Contact > Slave to the Traffic Light

* Debut

This show featured the debut of Casual Enlightenment. Sneakin' Sally contained a Ghost quote and a Waves tease. Makisupa referenced Sally. The second Twist contained a Twenty Years Later quote from Trey. The second Makisupa included a Bathtub Gin tease and quotes, Ghost and Martian Monster quotes, and Sally references. Trey teased Martian Monster in Most Events Aren't Planned. The set ending Bathtub Gin contained a Ghost quote with a Sally reference.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Just finished set one. Solid. Very nice Mike's jam—great to have those again. Crisp and peppy run through My Soul. Enjoy your retirement, new Mike song.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Last night was a blast, but Night 1 still takes the cake.

I have now been witness to the two shortest Ghosts of all time... UIC '11 and DC '21.  But that second set was pure Phishy phun!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 01, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

yeah agreed that night 1 seemed to be the best of the run but this one looks fun, stoked to listen. 

alcoholandcoffeebeans

excited to listen to this Ghost>Sally part... I hope the Soundcheck means it get played in AC? please and thank you.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

susep

Don't sleep on this second set, lots of great improv, nice flow, good energy. 

mistercharlie

QuoteDon't sleep on this second set, lots of great improv, nice flow, good energy. 
It really was a lot of fun to witness!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 01, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.