News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2021-08-31 - Shoreline, Mountain View, CA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, September 01, 2021, 09:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

The stash jam was like some intergalactic plinko shit. So crazy. 
And holy shit 47 min Soul Planet. It sounded insane on the webcast, the valleys, the space, the peaks, the rippage, its all there.  :willynilly:

Buffalo Budd

Away on vacation but that setlist is no slouch. Can't wait to give this a whirl. I'm guessing this was a gift to all those who made the trek after having the Tahoe show moved.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

susep

Stash is solid like nearly every version played on this tour.
Soul Planet is indeed the goods, driving jam, Fish plays with a lot of energy, gusto, as he does in Stash.  Even the futuristic late middle section in Soul Planet works giving the jam added tension and dissonance. 
Kudos Phish!

zackonthetrain

really loved the stash, just great stuff. I agree on the forbins mockingbird was a little rushed and not perfect but oh well.

Soul Planet just wow. They had a great one in Hershey too. Loved the way they sung the lyrics to final hoorah but slowly moved the music into it. Super smooth.

Happy for everyone that got to attend, im glad i decided to buy the stream after the forbins . Have fun tonight for anyone thats going. See you at dicks
"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"

August

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

GBL

First part of SP was great, but after they return to the lyrics around ~26:00 minutes in for a bar or two, everything after that is absolutely everything I love about Phish.

God fucking damnit  :samurai:

🔥🔥🔥
If this is love, I'm never going home..

VDB

Soul Planet! Just nonstop, at-will jamming. They coulda done that all night. As Zack noted, first verse of Final Hurrah was essentially sung over the jam. The weird noise stuff would have been fascinating to behold.
Is this still Wombat?

susep

Quote from: VDB on September 03, 2021, 12:13:11 PMSoul Planet! Just nonstop, at-will jamming. They coulda done that all night. As Zach noted, first verse of Final Hurrah was essentially sung over the jam. The weird noise stuff would have been fascinating to behold.

Was listening again yesterday, thought the same thing about Hurrah.