October 18, 2021, 02:35:42 AM

News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

2021/08/15 AC Beach, Atlantic City, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Hicks, August 15, 2021, 07:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Really good show
In reference slow Landlady, my music teachers all told me it's better to play slow z as bd clean than fast and sloppy

Of course fast and clean is even better
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on August 18, 2021, 03:22:31 PMReally good show
In reference slow Landlady, my music teachers all told me it's better to play slow z as bd clean than fast and sloppy

Of course fast and clean is even better

I'll take "Depends On Context" for infinity dollars, Steve.

:P
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

Is it just me, or at around the 7:45 mark of Moma, once Trey kicks on the new effect, is he teasing the melody of 'Back Off Boogaloo"?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 01, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

GBL

I would be fine if they never played The Final Hurrah ever again
If this is love, I'm never going home..

susep

Set Your Soul Free is an unexpected highlight, inventive jamming for sure.  Peanuts quote at the end by Mike.

zackonthetrain

Quote from: GBL on August 20, 2021, 02:53:21 PMI would be fine if they never played The Final Hurrah ever again

Ah man really, i really enjoyed the jam that came with that. I thought it stood out to me as a better version but its been a while since i heard it. definitely a little off in the starting lyrics though
"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"