News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fall Tour 2021

Started by mistercharlie, September 14, 2021, 08:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

special event tee for every show too..$$$

mistercharlie

QuoteAnd there's the announcement. 

Pretty sure it will be every show from now on, why wouldn't it?

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

When is the last time phish played 6 shows in a row in 6 different venues?

VDB

That's actually a great question. Tours should visit cities. Conceptually, anyway.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

QuoteWhen is the last time phish played 6 shows in a row in 6 different venues?

7/3: SPAC
7/6: Cross Insurance Arena
7/8: Xfinity Center
7/9: Xfinity Theatre
7/10: Lakeview
7/15 The Gorge

They also did it twice on summer tour 2015 7/22-7/31, and the from 8/1-8/8.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Bumping this to note that a lot of folks on the Phish tweets are popping up with Positive COVID tests.
If you were in Vegas, I suggest getting a test or two.
I got a PCR test yesterday that came back negative. Planning to get another on Monday.

anthrax

i thought the vegas run was incredible.  it was a culmination of a great summer and fall tour which took on a "you have to be there" feel.  the only real 3.0 run that had that feel for me was the bakers dozen.  the run is better off being in the conversation with runs like the island tour and new years run 97.  we'll see if this holds up over time or i'm just fluffing because it was great to be there.  there were times at the paug hotel and in the concert that i just stared around the room in amazement.  i thought about all the dark shit that went on during the lockdowns and how i craved a weekend like this during those times, so i really tried to stop and smell the roses.  it was great hanging with all you!

phish tour has gotten expensive.  vegas has gotten expensive.  but you can you really put a price on a 4 day trip where you seemingly leave the planet?

mistercharlie

Quotei thought the vegas run was incredible.  it was a culmination of a great summer and fall tour which took on a "you have to be there" feel.  the only real 3.0 run that had that feel for me was the bakers dozen.  the run is better off being in the conversation with runs like the island tour and new years run 97.  we'll see if this holds up over time or i'm just fluffing because it was great to be there.  there were times at the paug hotel and in the concert that i just stared around the room in amazement.  i thought about all the dark shit that went on during the lockdowns and how i craved a weekend like this during those times, so i really tried to stop and smell the roses.  it was great hanging with all you!

phish tour has gotten expensive.  vegas has gotten expensive.  but you can you really put a price on a 4 day trip where you seemingly leave the planet?

I was just talking to the wife about this. Remember when tickets were under $20, even after the 'fees'?!? I miss those days.

anthrax

it's everything and you really feel it when you travel or do entertainment related things.  i remember eating and drinking in vegas for not a lot of money.  now anything even remotely close to the strip is insanely high priced. 

in 2016 it felt like the mgm arena was happy to have us there.  we brought in 12 packs of beer and they were asking us if we needed cups!  they let us out at setbreak, too.  that place is totally beat now.  it was a pain in the ass getting in.  beers were super expensive.  the place was totally packed and is not very easy to move around.  it's an old school arena feel were there isn't a lot of advertising and no gap between floor and seats and no gap between 100 and 200 levels.  it's great energy when the band is playing, but it was super claustrophobic moving around.  no wonder people are testing positive. 

the place is too small for a big phish run like that.  bring on the sphere!

PIE-GUY

Yeah - I wasn't on the floor at all, but I heard reports of just how packed it was and how difficult it was to leave post-show. Basically, people felt it was oversold to the point of being dangerous and the limited access would have caused major problems in the event of any kind evacuation scenario. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

JPhishman

I've been seeing phish twitter report positive tests but it's hard to say what that means statistically. I wish we had the ability to know how many cases were coming out of not just these shows but any events.
Happy to report no covid for us and in fact, other than sleep irregularity getting rebalanced, I have felt better after this 4 nighter than I thought was possible.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Hicks

So bad news dudes, just tested positive today, figured you all should know right away. Hope you all stay healthy. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Damn, Jason, that sucks. I hope everyone is okay.

GBL

I too, have tested positive for the rona

I am like 99.9% sure I got it when I got back to Iowa though, go figure, as other than me and hicks no one has tested positive nor had symptoms (as far as I know)
If this is love, I'm never going home..

pcr3

Stairway on my test results. Sadly, it seems rona symptoms are identical to those of wook flu, which I definitely experienced regardless of what the tests say.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3