News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fall Tour 2021

Started by mistercharlie, September 14, 2021, 08:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on November 06, 2021, 07:58:27 PMSo bad news dudes, just tested positive today, figured you all should know right away. Hope you all stay healthy. 

Vibes dude.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Gumbo72203

Fuck dudes.  I hope you fair better than i did.  I'm still suffering lasting lung issues from this.  I tried running last night and made it only about 5 minutes, it feels like knives in my chest.  Seeing my doctor on Thursday.  Must be scarring and tissue damage.

Scary report is that asymptomatic people are still presenting with severe lung damage, which makes no sense.  So please, please, please everyone, get checked out.  Like, I can't.  I don't want any of you getting sick and suffering like I did. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

Bummer dudes. I hope y'all heal up soon, and to the fullest amount.

Still no symptoms here...
Bring in the dude!

sls.stormyrider

Same
Get well, recover fast, stay well
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

pcr3

My swab came back negative, so I managed to dodge that bullet. Hope you guys feel better soon!
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

emay

anthrax

Oh great.  There goes live music again.  What a ridiculous article. 

rowjimmy

The article isn't great but MGM was a goddamned shit show.

I went to the 9:30 last night. It was 100% masked.

VDB

I guess I don't understand what the upshot of this kind of coverage is supposed to be. Require vaccinations or proof of negative test at events? We already do that. More people should get vaxxed? If they planned to, they would have by now. Indoor mask mandates? Already got 'em. Expectation that said mandates be enforced or adhered to? Unrealistic, as evidenced. Cancel (indoor) live events? Also unrealistic and obviously an unpopular idea at this point. There are obviously commercial motives to this (or any other kind of) media coverage. So what are the other endgames? Spur some uptake in booster shots? I plan on getting mine before NYC, but had already been planning on that.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

Suprised but also not surprised the USA doesn't have a national contact tracing program.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on November 17, 2021, 12:47:12 PMSuprised but also not surprised the USA doesn't have a national contact tracing program.

Under a rational administration it would have been difficult to implement. Under the previous one... lol.

anthrax

QuoteI guess I don't understand what the upshot of this kind of coverage is supposed to be. Require vaccinations or proof of negative test at events? We already do that. More people should get vaxxed? If they planned to, they would have by now. Indoor mask mandates? Already got 'em. Expectation that said mandates be enforced or adhered to? Unrealistic, as evidenced. Cancel (indoor) live events? Also unrealistic and obviously an unpopular idea at this point. There are obviously commercial motives to this (or any other kind of) media coverage. So what are the other endgames? Spur some uptake in booster shots? I plan on getting mine before NYC, but had already been planning on that.

When discussing all this, the difference between club shows and arena shows becomes very apparent.  I am shocked we didn't see more amphitheater shows go later into the season.  I would also think they'd try to start amphitheater season super early next "summer."

The only way I see it working is to have masked only sections at arena shows and have the patrons police themselves.  Kinda like...Ever try to stand up and dance in the balcony of an Allman Bros show in front of a couple of fat old bikers?  If a majority of your section is doing something, you'll usually get the hint or go somewhere else.

pcr3

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2021, 11:46:40 AMThe article isn't great but MGM was a goddamned shit show.

Agreed.  I'm seeing Billy Strings tonight at the Wang Theater in Boston, and I'm sure it will be 100% masked.

emay

QuoteThe article isn't great but MGM was a goddamned shit show.

Agreed.  I'm seeing Billy Strings tonight at the Wang Theater in Boston, and I'm sure it will be 100% masked.
Dang you guys are lucky, at most indoor events in Denver there's maybe 25% wearing a mask. The most I see is at NBA games, maybe 50% are masked and once ppl get to their seat they take them off, which I don't get since that's when you're actually in close quarters with people as well as in line to get in. And there is an indoor mask mandate at Ball Arena. My friend went to the Billy Fillmore Philly show said barely anyone was masked there. When I saw in NYC a couple months ago, ~80% people were masked anywhere indoors.