News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Norm Macdonald

Started by WhatstheUse?, September 14, 2021, 03:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

FUCK.

The world just lost the funniest man alive.

Bring in the dude!

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

emay

woah so sad. I remember watching SNL reruns with him many times when I was younger. Loved him in Billy Madison & other movies too. Such a unique comedian.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mistercharlie

Damnit! I loved him! Funny as hell.

Gonna have to talk the wife into watching Dirty Work or Screwed this weekend.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

RIP, always been a fan, Dirty Work is a classic and one of Farley's last movies too.

If you haven't seen Hitler's Dog on Netflix go watch it, it's hilarious. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

khalpin

He definitely was the funniest man alive.  RIP.  This is the bit that turned me onto him back in the days of Short Attention Span Theater on the Comedy Channel.

kellerb

Shit, one of my favorites.  Dirty Work, the Moth joke, so much more.  I'm sure Norm would get a chuckle out of all the obits mentioning his Battle with Cancer.

Buffalo Budd

One of the best without a doubt. Gone too soon.  :'(
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

The best thing about Norm is that he did whatever he wanted.... and was just so genuinely funny doing it. SNL wanted impressions and he'd be all, "this is me impersonating this guy"

He just seemed funny at his absolute core. Whatever his genuine first thought on a subject was... was hilarious. It felt effortless for him to be funny - funny was engrained into his being.

I will miss him immensely.
Bring in the dude!

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

RIP Turd Ferguson!

I watched a few Norm SNL sketches last night. Truly one of the most deadpan funny people on the show.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax