News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NYE 2021

Started by emay, September 29, 2021, 02:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Sick. I'll be there. Vax'd and ready to party.
Bring in the dude!

antelope19

Or you could have it outside in Florida. Just sayin.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Quote from: emay on September 29, 2021, 07:00:11 PM
Quotein equally big news, you have to be fully vaxed to attend the phish msg run!

QuoteFor everyone's safety, please wear a mask at Phish shows.

If it's still so dangerous, maybe don't hold the event? Someone help me out here.
Its just local mandates. Look up 'Key to NYC'. DeBlasio signed an executive order you need to be vaxxed for indoor gatherings, even dining so if you are planning to go out to eat at all in NYC during the run you need to be vaxxed and show proof at the door. 

https://www.littler.com/publication-press/publication/key-nyc-pass-vax-or-miss-out

That explains the vax mandate. I've no problem there. Big vax fan. It's the suggestion that a hall full of vaxxed folk still represent a danger that I'm having trouble with. It feels like hesitancy or CYA, but then I'm not looking at pertinent data at the moment and I'm always keen to.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

QuoteOr you could have it outside in Florida. Just sayin.

Florida is it's own bag of worms...

With the shitty new law they have in place any business/event requiring people be vaccinated will be charged $5k per person they require to be vaccinated. It's almost like Florida wants to be the new epicenter of the 'Vid.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

shoreline99

Quote from: August on September 29, 2021, 04:52:45 PMI haven't been to a show in a while but is $100-115 standard face value as of late?

NGL I had two 4-day's in my request until I saw the bottom line $$$
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

tet

just a point of fact - i believe shipping on previous PTBM orders was $11.50, flat fee (at least as of 2018, last time i hit the lottery). paying $8 for shipping is actually LESS. 

i think we need to break out a batch of the ole FurthurNet QUITYERBITCHIN Brew
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

emay

Quotejust a point of fact - i believe shipping on previous PTBM orders was $11.50, flat fee (at least as of 2018, last time i hit the lottery). paying $8 for shipping is actually LESS.

and they won't get wrinkled in your pocket for a whole show. 

Hicks

Quote from: tet on September 30, 2021, 10:59:08 AMjust a point of fact - i believe shipping on previous PTBM orders was $11.50, flat fee (at least as of 2018, last time i hit the lottery). paying $8 for shipping is actually LESS.

Pretty sure my PBTM tickets are always a little less after fees than TM.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Quote from: emay on September 30, 2021, 11:13:00 AM
Quotejust a point of fact - i believe shipping on previous PTBM orders was $11.50, flat fee (at least as of 2018, last time i hit the lottery). paying $8 for shipping is actually LESS.

Do you even lanyard bro?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Do you even lanyard bro?
As an Old School nerd, I have a ticket sized Top Loader (the hard plastic thing you used to keep baseball cards in) that I keep in my pocket, in a ziplock bag. Keeps the ticket flat, and dry.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

Do you even lanyard bro?
:hereyougoyousentimentalbastar

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on September 29, 2021, 09:00:38 PMOr you could have it outside in Florida. Just sayin.

Couldn't pay me any amount of money to go to Florida any time soon.

antelope19

QuoteOr you could have it outside in Florida. Just sayin.

Florida is it's own bag of worms...

With the shitty new law they have in place any business/event requiring people be vaccinated will be charged $5k per person they require to be vaccinated. It's almost like Florida wants to be the new epicenter of the 'Vid.

Yeah, I was kinda kidding. And we ARE the new "epicenter for the 'Vid".  :'(

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 30, 2021, 02:18:21 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on September 29, 2021, 09:00:38 PMOr you could have it outside in Florida. Just sayin.

I think you'd be in the minority. I'm sure it would sell out just like MSG. Not saying it's great here, but an Outdoor show for NYE again would be fun.

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on September 30, 2021, 02:24:48 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 30, 2021, 02:18:21 PM

I think you'd be in the minority. I'm sure it would sell out just like MSG. Not saying it's great here, but an Outdoor show for NYE again would be fun.

Not so sure about that.
Outdoor show = good idea

All the Florida surrounding it, not great.
Plus, odds are your shithead Gov would try to sue if they attempt to require vax.