News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2021/12/29 - 2022/01/01 - MSG - NYC

Started by VDB, October 15, 2021, 10:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

I go from definitely not going to NY to maybe doing the final two nights to probably doing all four the first three to also doing the roll call thread and all in a span of like two weeks. What a ride.

vdb: 29-31
emay: LOCKED IN
birdman: 29-31
pcr: definite maybe
justjezmund: 1/1 at least
Is this still Wombat?

emay

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

anthrax

alcoholandcoffeebeans

I would love to start off my 40th year on this big blue marble at MSG... we'll see; I'm not ruling anything out yet... but Keller in Asheville is closer and cheaper for NYE for two nights...
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

VDB

Booked flights. Only planning on doing the first three. Swore I'd never bail on a run (Miami '14) again but that was a younger man talking.
Is this still Wombat?

pcr3

I'm a definite maybe.

Between my brother in law and me, we have tix for all 4 nights. Not sure my wife will support this after Halloween, but I am in negotiations...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

justjezmund

In for 1/1 at least still need in on 29or 30.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

emay

I know we lament about NYE ticket pricing this run but I am looking at Knicks/Nuggets tickets at MSG and cheapest seats (chase bridge) are 140$ and go up to 600$ for lower level lol. Ball Arena (pepsi center) nosebleeds are like 15$ and lower levels around 50-100$. I know its MSG but damn, NYE tix don't look that bad now tbh.

VDB

It's not just ticket prices but the cost of NYC in general. My wife and I crunched some numbers on doing this run, back when the idea was I'd do all four and she'd do the last two. Sharing a hotel with friends. My god, those numbers. It's not like we haven't done Phish NYC before, so either costs have really skyrocketed (thanks Biden!) or we just never thought too much about it. Now I'm feeling like some kind of millionaire and billionaire for jetting up to New York City to watch Phish. The wife, who wasn't dying to attend this run in the first place nor deal with the travel and childcare implications, will be sitting this one out.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

QuoteIt's not just ticket prices but the cost of NYC in general. My wife and I crunched some numbers on doing this run, back when the idea was I'd do all four and she'd do the last two. Sharing a hotel with friends. My god, those numbers. It's not like we haven't done Phish NYC before, so either costs have really skyrocketed (thanks Biden!) or we just never thought too much about it. Now I'm feeling like some kind of millionaire and billionaire for jetting up to New York City to watch Phish. The wife, who wasn't dying to attend this run in the first place nor deal with the travel and childcare implications, will be sitting this one out.
Yeah, pretty much the reason why I haven't been to NYC for a NYE run since 2012. Lodging/Travel is crazy expensive during this time. Probably one of the most expensive weekends to be in NYC. Bakers dozen was perfect time, summertime hotel/airbnb rates were not bad and widely available. Had a spot for 100$/night for some of the run. Also, post-COVID I think the hospitality industry is trying to recoup some loses from being shutdown last year. Flights were somewhat reasonable about a month ago, now its like 400$ one ways to get back to Denver. crazy. 

WhatstheUse?

"Fun" definitely has its price tag.

Tickets + Flights + Lodging for two is gonna be ~$3k, and that's about as cheap as you can do it....and we haven't even stepped foot into the city yet.... :'(
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

gonna spend a fraction of the cost of the run on a ton of great food and perhaps some weed, whites, and wine AND have a blast!  COUCH TOUR!

emay

alright, lock me in. first NYE since 2012.
Still need 29,30,31. Might trade the 1/1 I have for a 12/30 on CoT since those look to be more expensive on the hub.
Either way super stoked!