News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2021/10/24 - The Forum - Inglewood, CA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by emay, October 26, 2021, 01:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

SET 1: A Wave of Hope > You Enjoy Myself > The Moma Dance[1] -> Simple -> Waiting All Night -> Maze, Fee[2] -> Steam > Run Like an Antelope

SET 2: Cars Trucks Buses, Tweezer -> L.A. Woman -> Say It To Me S.A.N.T.O.S.[1] -> What's the Use? > Tweezer > Birds of a Feather[1] > Chalk Dust Torture[1] -> Boogie On Reggae Woman > Carini -> Mr. Completely[1] > Tweezer Reprise

ENCORE: Grind, Bathtub Gin

[1] Unfinished.
[2] Trey on megaphone.

Moma Dance, Say It To Me S.A.N.T.O.S., Birds of a Feather, Chalk Dust Torture, and Mr. Completely were unfinished. Trey quoted You Enjoy Myself in Moma Dance. The Rover was teased in Simple. Waiting All Night was played over the drumbeat flowing out of Simple. Fee featured Trey on megaphone. L.A. Woman was performed for the first time since December 30, 2003 (492 shows). L.A. Woman, Say It To Me S.A.N.T.O.S., Chalk Dust Torture, Boogie On Reggae Woman, and Carini contained Tweezer teases. L.A. Woman was teased in Say It To Me S.A.N.T.O.S. and Tweezer Reprise. Trey teased Heartbreaker in the second Tweezer. Birds of a Feather contained a Dave's Energy Guide tease from Trey and a Waiting All Night tease from Mike. Chalk Dust Torture also included a Birds of a Feather tease from Trey. This was the rescheduled date from the show that had been postponed due to the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak in 2020.

emay

one of the best and favorite places to see them. The lot was in full force before the show. fenced in so it was tight but your typical east coast lot scene, something that was lacking in PHX. This place raged. The energy during LA woman and the Tweezers was  :willynilly: We actually listened to LA woman on the way up to Long beach at like 7AM after Chula so another surreal moment there. Another jammed out YEM with even more jam than Dicks. Moma was great too. I keep thinking  these big jams and spacey soundscapes have to do with the Halloween album but maybe this is just 4.0, either way I love it and am here for it. 

rowjimmy

WhatstheUse?

Interesting show for me seeing that I brought my Mom and was as sober as I've ever been at a show. Mom approved. "Ya know Scott... I liked the second set more than the first? Why would that be?"

Bc of the tweezerfest Ma! You get it!

She was a bit less enthused about the lot scene than I had hoped. Very confused why people would pay $20 for a ten second high of nitrous.

All in all a good night.
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Oh man... I suppose this is as good of a spot as any for this story...

So... I get to my parents house in Orange County super late after the Chula show. The next morning, like any good mother, my mom takes my bag of dirty laundry and throws it in the wash... I wake up a bit later and my mom tells me to change over the laundry...

... I open up the washer and sitting perfectly atop all my/and her clothes is my full vile of acid in a plastic baggie.

I swear, my stomach dropped to the floor. My first thought is, holy fuck... I just dosed the fuck out of my Moms clothes. Without thinking, I reach into the baggie to check the vile itself in hopes that it hadn't leaked..... OH FUCK the entire baggie is soaked and now my hand is soaked!

Again, this is like 11am the day I'm about to bring my mom to the show. I absolutely, positively thought I just dosed myself to the gills accidentally! I freaked out! Took a shower, washed my hands repeatedly... just genuinely felt like the biggest idiot in the world. And then un-patiently waited for the worst day of my life to ensue...

And it didn't... the vile was sealed tight... the water inside the baggie was just water and everything was fine. My worst fears had not come true. And holy shit am I lucky that my mom asked me to change over the laundry.

Anyways, I may have to re-think my paranoid method of hiding drugs in my dirty laundry.... It seemed so smart... who wants to dig through dirty socks??
Bring in the dude!

VDB

Actual jamming in YEM with mercifully limited vocal jamming; great spontaneous take on Waiting All Night; ditto LA Woman (full treatment); a real SANTOS jam; excitement throughout. Great show.

Scott: that's hilarious. While I would have loved to hear the other version of that story, I'm glad for you that it worked out in the better way.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

The Waiting all night audible was pretty cool. I don't know if it was "better" than the original but it was enjoyable and I applaud their boldness to stick woth it. I kept fearing their would be some lyric that didn't fit with the new tempo or something but it pretty much worked itself out
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Scotty, that's the best. Love it.
I guess if she found it, you'd just have to ask her if she wanted some.  :wtu:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

QuoteWhile I would have loved to hear the other version of that story, I'm glad for you that it worked out in the better way.

these are my sentiments exactly... but the steps your brain went through to get to the point everything was OK were perfect. glad she had fun!
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

anthrax

awesome show here!  great segues in the 2nd set.  if you live in LA is it cool when a touring band playes LA woman or is it cheesy?  either way, love to see them having a blast.  before Grind, the acapella mics picked up trey and fish being very surprised at how high the days old numbers were on the notes sheet.  they hadn't played grind in nearly 2 years and commented on how everyone was now over 20,000.  i thought it was humorous, but also sad at how much friggin' time has gone bye dealing with all this crapola.

VDB

I mean, if you're a native and that LA Woman cover didn't light your fire...
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

At the time, I actually didn't even make the connection between the song and being in LA.  I thought they jammed into it organically and didn't even plan it.

Silly me.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

I mean Trey has been teasing LA Woman all year, he teased it at the Gorge and I think somewhere else too.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.